Frankie Bones bits

Noah Baby Food

As suggested on the Lenny Dee thread, what about man like Frankie Bones? One of the first American guys to come over to the UK DJing and help blow up the rave scene in the early days. Massively prolific, pretty varied output too. The early stuff with Tommy Musto is great, and the 'Bonesbreaks' series. Did a mid-90s album on Trax that was pretty good as I remember it. I've got this:

http://www.discogs.com/release/38177

and the "Eat 'Em Up" track is quality, banging heavy moronic trance (in the good way, not fruity arpeggios) with an 'eat-em-up-yum-yum' Pac Man-inspired refrain, obviously talking about them bloody drug pills. The 'Rude Boy's Revenge' track is interesting too - again, it's got that apocalyptic, nasty trancey edge, but also a little ragga vocal and a breakbeat comes in as well.

He's bordered on gabba in the past but not quite crossed over. Still at it, a mate saw him DJ in Leeds a few months ago and rated him.

any favourites?

I guess Bonesbreaks 1-3 and I've got a soft spot for vol. 6 which rips off Energy Flash adding a wibbly acid line and usually sets off a techno party.
Call It Techno - agreed!
The Break Boys - Give Us A Break Boyeee - massive freestyle drumbeat on this one.

But I don't think his records are essential in the way some of Todd Terry's are. His huge influence was more as a DJ, popularising house & techno and the rave movement in the US through Stormrave etc. with Adam X, Heather Heart et al.

DRMHCP

I thought someone would have mentioned Lake Erie "Sex 4 Daze" by now, quite a big one back in the day.
His influence on the early acid/rave scene as the usually only US dj at a lot of the early parties should never be underestimated.
Then he just seemed to vanish...him and also Colin Hudd were 2 headlining DJs back then who just semed to suddenly disappear off the face of the earth

Dusty

Tone deaf
He can now be found dispensing info and attracting lovers/haters in equal measure on the discogs.com forums. Worth checking out if only for his long running series of mixes that he posts periodically.