plastician - beg to differ

gumdrops

whos heard this? thoughts??

the vocal tracks arent bad (the actual vocals dont sound that well recorded but that might just be the version i have) but the instrumentals are all great

i think this hangs together better than skreams album (the only one i can compare it to really) even if it doesnt have a definitive highpoint like request line on it

edit - i was wrong, the remix of cha is the highpoint. this is quite brilliant. gives it a sort of techstep feel.

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
i think it's supoib. reviewed it in this (or possibly next) month's issue of 'the word' magazine fwiw.. stop laughing at the back, they pay well ;)

gumdrops

i saw that in word. the heading was 'acid house gets its parameters stretched to the limits'.

i jest.

lol

mos dan

fact music
i saw that in word. the heading was 'acid house gets its parameters stretched to the limits'.

i jest.

lol

lol don't even go there, not after the aftershock=dubstep debacle :rolleyes:

'intensive snare' is a persie for me as well - it's a homage to fwd>> essentially, real time-capsule song for me, having seen skepta spit so many of those bars in plastic people.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
'Percy' refers to your own stash, that's not for sale to anyone else. So yeah, personal fave. I always loved that 'cheese cake' that you get from Percy Ingle, which is puff pastry and strands of weird icing - never knew why it was called cheese cake though.

Last edited:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I've always wondered what the 'percy ingle' thing derives from?

Percy Ingle's is a reaaaally bad bakery that sells doughnuts and cheese and onion pasties and sausage rolls, they're scattered around London certainly, and I'd imagine the south east of England, along with another chain called Greggs, so when they say 'Percy Ingle' it's just an elongation of the word 'personal', a play on the way the words sound, there's no actual meaning there I think. In the States or Canada it'd be Dunkin Donuts or whatever, except they're really small, run down looking shops. Lots and lots of people buy their bread and lunch from there every day if there's one in the area.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
This one's a personal favourite

This one's a personal

This one's a persie

D Double : This one's a Percy Ingle

gumdrops

just wondering... does plasticmans connections with dubstep go back to the early days of big apple before dubstep was really *dubstep* etc? has he been down with all the dubstep inner circle from day one? im just asking cos im wondering if he used to play a lot of early dubstep from day one...

viktorvaughn

just wondering... does plasticmans connections with dubstep go back to the early days of big apple before dubstep was really *dubstep* etc? has he been down with all the dubstep inner circle from day one? im just asking cos im wondering if he used to play a lot of early dubstep from day one...

Ive got a set from early 04 where he banging out be by digital mystik next to cha by himself and terror danjah beats etc, so i would guess that the answer is yes. Dunno really tho!

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
just wondering... does plasticmans connections with dubstep go back to the early days of big apple

Yes. In interviews and on his radio show he often mentions that he became involved by living in Croydon and hanging out with the Big Apple crew.