Cool Rainy Summer in the UK

swears

preppy-kei
There's still time for it to warm up. And anyway, isn't one of the effects of global warming increased rainfall in the northern hemisphere?

john eden

male pale and stale
It's been quite good for our new lawn, which was laid last wednesday after a year of not having a garden cos of "regeneration" by the completely incompetent housing association which owns our estate.

:D

Snail-tastic as well, innit?

matt b

Indexing all opinion
i LOVE rain.

may it never end.

you sure?

_42422754_luke_thornton.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/6239782.stm

or is your real name noah?

matt b

Indexing all opinion
it took 4 1/2 hour to get home yesterday (normally an hour).
leeds was flooded and completely gidlocked.
east_st2_400x300.jpg

no trains, so got bus replacement. near dewsbury there was a long six foot high wall that was spewing water in jets out of the cracks between stones, like a crazy paving fountain

no trains today either.

i hope p. meme lives on a hill

Last edited:

viktorvaughn

I work in Attercliffe area in Sheffield which is fairly low and we all left the office at 3 instead of 5 yesterday. Today the offices are under a foot of water.

The buses had all but stopped working in town, loads of roads shut, there were no taxis, trains and trams were canceled left right and centre, total gridlock. Fortunately where i live is hilly but it is fucking scary none the less. Reports of two people swept away in Sheffield-ish area, but i don't know if they are true.

gumdrops

well obv extreme weather conditions like that arent exactly what i had in mind (not just rain though, extreme heat isnt my idea of fun either) but i do really like rain. i think i like rain more than too hot weather. its nice if its warm and rains though.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's fast approaching that bit in A Hundred Years Of Solitude where the Company says to the villagers "We'll pay you when the rain stops", and it just goes on and on and on and on and on...

Lichen

Here's the weird thing: despite being wet and windy for much of June, it's still been one of the warmest Junes ever.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
it's started raining again!

one of my student's houses was flooded in the first set of flooding 10 days ago and had lots of belongings in the garden in an attempt to dry them out. they have now been swept away.

only 3 1/2 hrs to get home yesterday

the gvt cut spending on flood defences by £15m last year, postponing an update to the little that leeds had. i suppose they thought no-one would notice.

Last edited: