Amy Winehouse = Carmel!!

Buick6

too punk to drunk
They (industry, NME, Pitchfork etc..) should get Carmel out of the Pommy-groovy-soul-beats-chanteuse retirement village and the two of them should do a cover of 'Ebony and Ivory' just to keep in line with the pathetic post-modern 80's shtick. I mean you had Carmel with her 50s retro deal that was hip in the 80s and Winehouse with her 50's via 80s via goth-junkie-Marilyn-Manson belch for the 00s techno-bubble-gum vomit.

Geez, Pommy music likes to talk about Pop Will Eat Itself, but this is pop feeding on it's own feces! Pop turning into PLOP!

Woebot

i'm completely with you with amy winehouse (i fear she probably has her own thread already)

what alarms me is that this time around the self-conscious twist just isn't there. i'd almost (almost) prefer her if it was. people seem to be quite happy to take her on the level.

it's like that remark made about your fellow antipodean nick cave. irony is like tying a knot in a rope. however if you keep pulling the rope more and more taut eventually the knot becomes invisible.

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Nick Cave hasn't made any truly interesting art for about 17 years!

You should try Rowland S Howard, eveyone ignores him, but his last record was great, and gets better with each passing year...

I just love how everything has to fucken cross-over with hiphop, even if hiphop is so fucken dead it's not funny.