August FWD & Rinse FM @ The End / youngsta & Riko / general excitment / thread

mos dan

fact music
August FWD & Rinse FM @ The End / youngsta & Riko / general excitment / thread

re: fwd at the end - :cool: :cool: :cool:

*feels faint with excitement at notion of youngsta with riko*

slimzee in the BAR?? SLIMZEE in the BAR??

greeneyes

Bit Mangler
"Friday 17th of August sees Forward>> and Rinse FM @ The End club, London. The line up-- please excuse the long but tasty list-- includes Geeneus v Tubby with Footsie and D Double, N Type, Youngsta with Riko, Hatcha v Benga with Mighty Mo, Loefah with Flowdan and Pokes, Headhunter v D1, Distance, Kode9, Wiley, Crazy D and Jakes. And that's just the main room-- the bar features Appleblim, Scratcha, Kion & Unlikely, Chef, Spyro v Vectra, Slimzee, Scientist, Back 2 the Future and Supa D."

I am seriously considering flying from Melbourne to London for this. Amazing.

boomnoise

♫
That was the highlight of last year's one for me.. properly hyped for this now, the kind of tunes yunx plays these days will fit Riko's style better.

have you seen yunx recently? i've seen him twice over the past couple of week and he's on fire. he's had a little break and come back on fire!

which is all very well because his sets were starting to bore me to death. not anymore!

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Hello

Grime thread.

Discussion of Youngsta's recent sets please depart for the relevant dubstep thread.

However I would recommend that this is one of those instances where a new thread entirely is required and someone starts one dedicated to the next FWD.

boomnoise

♫
it was just an aside!

but anyway here's the lineup in full for the benefit of this thread:

Main Room:
N-Type,
Geeneus v Tubby with Newhams,
Yunx with Riko,
Hatcha v Benga with Mighty Mo,
Loef with Flo Dan and Pokes,
Headhunter v D1,
Distance,
Kode9,
Wiley,
Crazy D,
Jakes.

Bar:

Appleblim,
Kion & Unlikely,
Scratcha,
Chef,
Spyro v Vectra,
Slimzee,
Scientist,
Back 2 the Future and
Supa D

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
I would have thought Pokes would be opposed to MCing with a Grime MC given his previous interview on the subject?

Blackdown

nexKeysound
i think the title of this thread needs an edit (for all the grime purists out there): it's FWD>> and Rinse presents...

Alfons

Way of the future
Excuse my ignorance, but how long are the average sets at dubstep nights? are 45 minutes to 1 hour sets the standard at the big nights? This line up seems to be getting close to the dnb standards in terms of the number of dj's spinning.

benjybars

village elder.
just one thing... where's Plastician w/ Skepta???

also, i'll offer evens right now that wiley doesn't show.

(still hyped tho.:D )

actually where's Logan on that list?? i don't get it....

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
no war ting!

i think pokes has been somewhat misrepresented on that issue though.

Really?

Whenever I bother to go on dubstepforum, he comes across like some kind of pretentious wanker on some condescending moral high ground whenever he comments on grime MCs. Then again, I don't check up that often.

'llow that though, let's stay on topic.

I will second that question: Logan? Where are you on this line-up?

hopper

have you seen yunx recently? i've seen him twice over the past couple of week and he's on fire. he's had a little break and come back on fire!

which is all very well because his sets were starting to bore me to death. not anymore!

Agreed. He blew me away at last fwd and i was really doubting his selection, really looking forward to this but a bit sceptical about the end as I've heard the bouncers are a bit tight so they might not let me in. Very very exciting lineup though