A Tale of Two Sisters

martin

----
Has anyone seen this Korean horror flick about a schizophrenic girl? If so, what did you think of it? I was pissed off when I rented it on DVD yesterday, and concluded I'd just wasted £2. It's only now though that certain scenes are playing back in my head and getting under my skin and making some sense. Don't get me wrong, it's hard work and extremely confusing in places. But it might tie in with what Mongrel member Graham Harwood once dubbed the 'rehearsal of memory'. Any takers?

jd_

The version of it I saw was a chinatown special with terrible subtitles. I never would have known except that a Korean girl at work saw me watching it and was like "That's not what he said, that's not what he said at all". Not small things either, the scene that she saw was the dad entering the room going "Are you awake?" and they translated it to "So and so is dead". ANyway, I watched it without subtitles from there on even which actually made it much easier to follow even though much of the plot and the twists at the end I didn't really understand, but the actual horror scenes I thought were wicked. I really like the dinner party with the thing under the sink, the blood trail. I found a lot of it stayed with me like you are describing.

puretokyo

Mercury Blues
Yeah, I found it pretty shit.

But then Ju-On is still my #1 horror film, closely followed by the US ver of Ring.