The Lady Diana memorial concert

Buick6

too punk to drunk
..deceptive...At first I thought wow, those average shmoe pommies are getting radical, rejoicing the death of the great dissenter of the royal family who got murdered by the fucking miserable pervert cunts..and all those rock stars making a subtle stand against the Royale Family and whatnot..

and then it ocurred to me that this was the best PR for the Royal Family since fucking the Charles and Diana wedding itself..why not EMBED THE FUCKING CUNTS INTO THE MOST 'RADICAL' MAINSTREAM ARTFORM THERE IS!..

Then I got my sawn off rifle and put a bullet through my fucking TV when that fat disgusting prick Elton John started whining about about shit, the TV kept flickering away when P. Diddy went all gospel project-managed transcendent soul bullshit, so I walked down to the local chapter of the Sons of Christ motorocycle gang, and we started learning how to pilot a 747 via Microsoft's flight-simulator , in preparation for the next fucken concert...

sufi

lala
03a_02_new-kanye_243x247.jpg

kanye smooches harry for charity
barf :p

tom pr

I didn't dare to watch it, but from looking at pictures the worst thing about the evening appeared to be Elton John's suit...

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Lighten up, guys. This concert was some of the funniest car crash TV I'd ever seen. The bit where Puff Daddy pledged "respect" to the princes was hilarious.

tom pr

The bit where Puff Daddy pledged "respect" to the princes was hilarious.
Didn't he say something the week before about what a horrible time he had that year, with Biggie and Princess Di snuffing it within three months of each other. I hope he did.

I just got the impression the princes wanted to party with some hip-hoppers and maybe try and run a train on Joss Stone. Awful to watch, though, especially watching upper class women dance REALLY badly to Pharrell.

mos dan

fact music
Lighten up, guys. This concert was some of the funniest car crash TV I'd ever seen. The bit where Puff Daddy pledged "respect" to the princes was hilarious.

spleen-vomitingly unpleasant. in a car-crash kinda way ;)

15m tv viewers! how the hell do you explain that?? esp given everyone's supposed to have massive super-concert malaise these days (live earth coming up on saturday!)

marke

Tumbling Dice
it was all bout Dennis Hopper surely.
the man in the Willy Wonka suite, and scary hair.
one of the weirdest moments ever on tv.

Transpontine

history is made at night
Prince Wills and Harry are wannabe chavs innit? trying to be down with the Diddy man, having girlfriends called Chelsy (well one of them). Their advisers might think that they can save the Royal Family with the populist touch, but the opposite is true - the more they try and be just like everybody else the more the mystique is destroyed - leaving the obvious question of why the fuck do they get born into constitutional and financial privilege.

spooky girlfriend

Wild Horses
Prince Wills and Harry are wannabe chavs innit? trying to be down with the Diddy man, having girlfriends called Chelsy (well one of them). Their advisers might think that they can save the Royal Family with the populist touch, but the opposite is true - the more they try and be just like everybody else the more the mystique is destroyed - leaving the obvious question of why the fuck do they get born into constitutional and financial privilege.

it was typically self-conscious and i think a missed opportunity to get down with the kids. morbid curiosity led me to switch on just as Bryan Ferry wheezed out a final tired number and the Princes got jiggy...the obligatory appearance by Elton John and a children's choir demonstrates how a redundant post-war generation are still the main source of support for the monarchy. if they had looked to channel U and the NME for ideas they'd have Britain's more ignorant youth eating out of their hands.. possibly. but what the fuck? great comedy value before the nausea sets in.