Jean Pierre Massiera?

Horseboy

Appologies for not keeping up with the grime flex.
Any one out there know anything about this french(french-canadian) producer? I stumbled across him by accident several years ago when I picked up the Visitors record from 81 in a charity shop. It is one hell of a ridiculous French sci fi infused new wave/electro/soft rock record. Recently curiousity got the better of me an I started looking for stuff about him on the web- with reasonable success.

Not a big fan of Maledictus Sound but like the late 70's Italo disco kind of stuff -herman's rocket, venus gang and also rockets for the whole fun sci fi thing they have going on . I heard a clip of a seven inch called Hercules on ebay- it was ammazing, ring modulators on the bass, pitch vocals,farm yard animal samples-a bit like a funk disco take on the residents- but , it being ebay and all, went for far too much than I can afford.

There are bits and pieces about him on the web but they all seem to be more coming from the jazz funk/rare groove perspective. This board seems to be more punk/avant garde and dance music oriented so I wonderered if any one know of any other records by him of this type that are worth looking out for?Or indeed knew of sources for getting your hands on his music-esp of the type described above.Also does any one know if Pat Desario(produced Dogs of war/Bombers/kebekelektrik(sp?)) is an AKA?some one on ebay said it was but i don't believe...

woops

is not like other people
Very overlooked post and thread. This shows the deep musical knowledge and sophistication of horseboy aka Design a Wave, also evident in his track included on my upcoming mix tomorrow night

IdleRich

IdleRich
I mean he obviously wasn't capable of playing a gig, he just about managed to contribute a bit of backing vocals to a couple of songs and sat on the stage doing fuck all for a few more... most of the time he didn't even manage that. It was a massive con putting his name on the thing and pretending that he was still healthy enough to play a gig.