prinzhorn dance school

Noah Baby Food

I saw them play last year sometime and thought they were woeful. Trying SO HARD to be The Fall it's painful. Not feeling it!

sing_minimal

crackerjack docker is alright but i don't feel the rest of it..still better than lots of other crap coming out these days though!

tht

akstavrh
just listened - doesn't do it for me at all. it all sounds so... flat

their whole shtick is essentially a disthymic reduction of indie to the limit of ever so fucking wry nonsequiturs, anemic funk reheats, chugging chord progressions left hanging in thin air.....very funny sometimes too

shudder

their whole shtick is essentially a disthymic reduction of indie to the limit of ever so fucking wry nonsequiturs, anemic funk reheats, chugging chord progressions left hanging in thin air.....very funny sometimes too

That makes sense of course, but doesn't really make me want to listen to it, if you know what I mean...

tht

akstavrh
that is always a problem with something is so affectvely denatured and anhedonic.........that track i uploaded is from the superb up!up!up! single, three tracks which render the album superfluous

Last edited:

spooky girlfriend

Wild Horses
their music sounds like the dribblings of overfed children. like most guitar music these days it's rehashing ideas that have been realised many times in the last 30 years and it's boring. i'm sure Vice love them. pants. i don't think this kind of tot can't legitimately pass as an excuse for art anymore, they just lack any sort of expertise. if 'up!up!up!' were recorded in Maidstone in 1968 i would be impressed but it's just big pants :mad: i'm officially bored of minimalism thanks to this band. thanks

shudder

their music sounds like the dribblings of overfed children. like most guitar music these days it's rehashing ideas that have been realised many times in the last 30 years and it's boring. i'm sure Vice love them. pants. i don't think this kind of tot can't legitimately pass as an excuse for art anymore, they just lack any sort of expertise. if 'up!up!up!' were recorded in Maidstone in 1968 i would be impressed but it's just big pants :mad: i'm officially bored of minimalism thanks to this band. thanks

I definitely wouldn't go quite that far. I think there are some recent people who have mined some of this affective "reduction of indie to the limit" more effectively, maybe someone like LCD Soundsystem or something, although really that was more to do with affect than the actual music, which is mostly not that guitary.

outraygeous

i like them

all their song do have child elements to them. dont talk to strangers, do you know your butcher.

i dont take it seriously thou

N

nomadologist

pff. my roommate played this for me a while ago. it's not that i don't like their "sound" as much as i think they're too flat-out derivative of those call-and-response fall songs with mark e. smith's girlfriend singing with him. a whole album of that just seems too much.

what was her name? brit? bridg?