Votes: 8 30.8%
  • I never know what people think

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • People think i'm a prick

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I don't mean to be harsh, but what's this poll meant to achieve or reveal?
What do you mean by 'cool' - is this in the sense of 'trendy, fashionable', 'at ease with oneself, chilled out', 'sound, well-balanced' or what?

N

nomadologist

where's the "who gives a fuck what people think" option?

N

nomadologist

yes. after you've been through enough you just really stop caring.

swears

preppy-kei
I honestly don't think most people outside of a close circle of friends and family have any strong opinion of me at all. A quiet, normal, boring, keep myself to myself, a don't-bother-me-and-I-won't-bother-you sort of fella.

N

nomadologist

seriously, where i live there are 100,000 people per square foot. nobody knows me, why would anyone care?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I honestly don't think most people outside of a close circle of friends and family have any strong opinion of me at all. A quiet, normal, boring, keep myself to myself, a don't-bother-me-and-I-won't-bother-you sort of fella.

I fucking hate cunts like you.

gek-opel

entered apprentice
Its intriguing finding out what people think. Difficulty is finding out without prejudicing what they say (ie- by asking them to their face). I once discovered a survey from my university friends (like a "how fit are they" survey with ratings, but this time shifted to cover bizarre or less commonly assessed categories)... turns out I am allegedly extremely interesting but highly hate-able... And I'm OK with that...

tht

akstavrh
Its intriguing finding out what people think. Difficulty is finding out without prejudicing what they say (ie- by asking them to their face). I once discovered a survey from my university friends (like a "how fit are they" survey with ratings, but this time shifted to cover bizarre or less commonly assessed categories)... turns out I am allegedly extremely interesting but highly hate-able... And I'm OK with that...

shit that sounds like something from primary school

N

nomadologist

thing is, i doubt my "friends" and i are on the same plane this pollster is socially. as in, i've done all kinds of things for my friends, they've done a lot for me. we've all had our differences but it's basically a surrogate family. anyone else i don't really care about enough to care for their opinion.

N

nomadologist

the real test of friendship is: will you testify in court for me?

anything less doesn't cut it

N

nomadologist

i'll say for swears that i think he comes across as a "cool" person (maybe a little frustrated by a lack of cool enough people to hang with in his daily life), mostly because he has a "live and let live" attitude that i admire in a person

so there's your answer, swears. now you can vote for being thought of as "cool."

gek-opel

entered apprentice
shit that sounds like something from primary school

For sure... I didn't bloody do it myself...

Cool is a too-tricky term. Meaning cold hearted indifference or easy going charm, or hyperconsumptive trend-following or trend starting or being entirely disinterested in trends etc etc etc... it generally brings to supine and vapid stoner public school trustafarians, so at ease with themselves they might as well not exist.

swears

preppy-kei
i'll say for swears that i think he comes across as a "cool" person (maybe a little frustrated by a lack of cool enough people to hang with in his daily life), mostly because he has a "live and let live" attitude that i admire in a person

so there's your answer, swears. now you can vote for being thought of as "cool."

Well, cheers. You're a good poster, quantity and quality. I gather you've had a more eventful life than me, though.

N

nomadologist

i'm glad to hear that, because, as you can see, i don't use much of a "filter" when i'm at work trying to secretly post to message boards when i have $500,000 in business on the line and should be focusing.

"eventful" is one way to look at it...

Noah Baby Food

thing is, i doubt my "friends" and i are on the same plane this pollster is socially. as in, i've done all kinds of things for my friends, they've done a lot for me. we've all had our differences but it's basically a surrogate family. anyone else i don't really care about enough to care for their opinion.

Why do you 'doubt you and your friends are on the same plane socially' as barry_abs? Do you know him? That comes across as deeply patronising. What is your insinuation here? Coz it comes across like "i am really special and so much deeper than you lot". Everyone's been through stuff, some people don't broadcast it.