venetian snares- black sabbath

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Do you mean the breakcore mash-up of War Pigs?
Fantastic. They play it at the end of the night at Bang Face almost every time, it's a sort of signature tune.
Gets everyone singing along and doing devil hand-signs. :D

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Do you mean the breakcore mash-up of War Pigs?
Fantastic. They play it at the end of the night at Bang Face almost every time, it's a sort of signature tune.
Gets everyone singing along and doing devil hand-signs. :D

No, this one's more a dubstep treatment, I'd like to know who does that Warpigs one though, it's boss, might be Doormouse.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Ahh - it's so fucking fast and messed up I assumed it must be VS when I saw the title of the thread.
Is it the actual song 'Black Sabbath' that we're talking about here?

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
Knowing metatextual use of ozzy samples to deflect attention from the music, which is pretty poor, admit it.

Dubstep is hooked on wobbly basslines. I'm proposing a moratorium on tempo-synd'd LFOs and valve overdrives.

And the drums on dubstep tracks are so dull these days, what happened to all the bonkers pitchshift gamelan percussion?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Knowing metatextual use of ozzy samples to deflect attention from the music, which is pretty poor, admit it.

I don't know if the War Pigs version is at all 'knowing', it's just really good fun.
Can't think of any other Ozzy/Sabbath-based dance tracks, although I'm sure there are loads.

petergunn

plywood violin

Dubstep is hooked on wobbly basslines. I'm proposing a moratorium on tempo-synd'd LFOs and valve overdrives.

And the drums on dubstep tracks are so dull these days, what happened to all the bonkers pitchshift gamelan percussion?

i feel you, the ozzy speaking bit is dumb...

i like the other side better...

the record is quite good, a non dubstep artist mixing dubstep sounds w/ sabbath... a clever idea that he actually pulls off...

ripley

I like Jahba's version of War Pigs. But Dormouse's is good too.

they are killer on the dancefloor. Of course the original is great, but it's good to be able to drop (either remix really) into a breakcore set and have the drums be monstrous and mixable.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound

they are killer on the dancefloor. Of course the original is great, but it's good to be able to drop (either remix really) into a breakcore set and have the drums be monstrous and mixable.

The other one's by jahba? wicked cheers ripley

wonk_vitesse

radio eros

Jahba's is the best , been around for a few years, saw him in a tiny dark rm in Hackney play it out to all 4 of us, wk'd stuff.

gravious

This looked ok on paper, but I'm afraid it sounds pretty pap to me...

Couldn't bring myself to listen to it again really!

The production just sounds a bit shit to me, whether knowing or otherwise.

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
This looked ok on paper, but I'm afraid it sounds pretty pap to me...

Couldn't bring myself to listen to it again really!

The production just sounds a bit shit to me, whether knowing or otherwise.

Yeah, what I downloaded sounds kind of crappy... bad vinyl rip?

wreckTech

Wild Horses
a+

this record is fucking dope and worth it

dupstep that sounds like dub. cept its sabbath.

weed helps.

Saxenhammer

this record is way better than most of the shite that gets released under the dubstep name..I do buy dubstep but not very much of it,because its already as cliched and shit as d n b.

A full night of dubstep would make me want to cry.

Re Jahba's war pigs...

Imagine covering the same track as another breakcore artist just 2 or so yrs before... i mean,lol.

Having said that, I see he wears M . A . S . H . t-shirts so, i guess we'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

UFO over easy

online mahjong

Erm, mate, listening to a venetian snares tune and from that going on to bemoan the state of the entire genre, a scene which he has only tenuous links to at best, is fairly ridiculous.

Tune's fucking terrible.