the glade

S

simon silverdollar

did anyone else go? (woebot, i'm looking at YOU ;) )

if so, let's chat about the good times, and console each other about the horrors that we experienced during and after.

Woebot

hey si. yeah wicked to bump into you. that was funny.

from here martin dust was there too.

posted some photos at the blerg last night.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I was there. Three days of fantastic sunshine, clear blue skies, excellent camping facilities and, most importantly of all, or course, shitloads of brilliant music, friendly people and good-quality drugs.

Pretty glad I didn't go this year, though.

Woebot

one thing i didnt write (cos it's a bit scandalicious and also because everyone would think i was needlessly dropping names...er, as usual) was that when we were leaving on saturday night and stuck in the quagmire that was the carpark, in desperate need of help pushing the van out, who should appear from out of the darkness but my old acquaintance superstar tr*nce dj s*m*n p*sf*rd.

i hailed him and we shook hands, pleasantries and all that, and asked him whether he wouldn't mind lending a hand. to his credit which he did for about 30 seconds, before making excuses about needing to look after the girl he had with him (she did look like she was dieing) but even so......kinda disappointing, to meet someone you know in a situation like that and them not really helping you out. practically an old friend. ho hum.

in the end we jacked the back wheels out of the mud, tore up a pallatte and made some planks to go under the tyres. then recruited as many people as we could to help in exchange for helping them in return.

Woebot

shitloads of brilliant music

i dunno. not sold on the idea of a festival headed by djs. sort of like the worst of all worlds.

-no spectacle
-bad sound compared to a club (or a dedicated rave)

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
There were some good 'proper bands', actually - Alabama 3 and Juno Reactor were great. !!! were there, too.
And Vitallic (while admitteldy a DJ) was quality. :)

Edit: hahaha, I could have sworn there was a third item on your list a second ago, Woebot... ;)

viktorvaughn

Good-
Pinch did a well nice relaxed daytime dubstep set with spot-on mixing.

Ridiculous excess and general enjoyably debauched behaviour!

Friendly atmosphere.

The two Techno showcases seemed pretty good.

Bad-
A ridiculous over abundance of dread-locked psy-trance fans dressed as elves, Amazonian priestesses etc doing annoying slow yoga/dancing in the ID Spiral bit with all the 'wacky' psy alien type décor and stupid pseudo-'eastern' ambient music.

Can't remember any music on Saturday. Missed Assault but not sure if he actually played in the end?

Too muddy to dance properly in the tents.

Systems seemed quite quiet?

Mission getting back/horrible cold muddy tents etc.

I would go again if good weather was guaranteed. Any body been plenty of times? Any fond memories?

swears

preppy-kei
Festivals are not for me, my idea of hell on earth would be Glastonbury or something. Although perhaps I'd go to Sonar one year if the line up looked good.

swears

preppy-kei
Good-
...doing annoying slow yoga/dancing...

What the fuck is with that? I saw air play a few years back and some girl was doing that in front of me, blocking my view. These "dancers" always look really smug as well.

Double-you tee eff guys, double-you tee eff.

crackerjack

What the fuck is with that? I saw air play a few years back and some girl was doing that in front of me, blocking my view.

Just be glad you hadn't waited 20 years to see Sly Stone and the second he comes on some gits stick their umbrellas up to keep a light drizzle off their fucking hair.

viktorvaughn

What the fuck is with that? I saw air play a few years back and some girl was doing that in front of me, blocking my view. These "dancers" always look really smug as well.

Double-you tee eff guys, double-you tee eff.

One woman had a real snake round here neck, fairy wings the whole the caboodle. My god they looked like cocks. The full faux-alternative smugness in effect too.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Bad-
A ridiculous over abundance of dread-locked psy-trance fans dressed as elves, Amazonian priestesses etc doing annoying slow yoga/dancing in the ID Spiral bit with all the 'wacky' psy alien type décor and stupid pseudo-'eastern' ambient music.

Ahaha. Yeah, it is quite horrifically cyber-hippy infested.

worrior

Just be glad you hadn't waited 20 years to see Sly Stone and the second he comes on some gits stick their umbrellas up to keep a light drizzle off their fucking hair.

yeah that was annoying, someone almost took my eye out. By the time I got a clear view Sly had scampered off again to 'take a piss' (or take the piss, not sure).

crackerjack

yeah that was annoying, someone almost took my eye out. By the time I got a clear view Sly had scampered off again to 'take a piss' (or take the piss, not sure).

I'd sufficiently dampened expectations, so I still enjoyed seeing him. Four numbers from him was two more than I expected and he actually seemed quite lively during Sing A Simple Song.

He is God, so I don't begrudge him the money, especially since I didn't have to hand over any of my own.

S

simon silverdollar

lovely to meet up with you too matt!

i've been the last 3 years. i think the music's been getting steadily better/aligned with my personal tastes (less of a reliance on warp-ish IDM, and more techno and electro).

the mud didn't matter so much to me. if yr on enough drugs (and if not, why not? etc) then it's all much of a muchness. in fact, better rain than the scorching temperatures of last year, when it got truly dangerous because the water supplies stopped working.

speaking of which, despite the organisers constant claims that they'd vastly improved the water situation, me and a mate had to resort to digging the water tap for our camp site out of a hole in the ground! it was just a pipe lying on the floor that had got buried.

also, i say this every year but the place to be really is the sancho panza tent. it has by far the best, friendliest atmosphere and feels much more like a proper party: you get to know people in there.

all that psy-trance bollocks can fuck off though. it really is the nadir of dance music, and, visually, it's so horrifically ugly. if that's what people on those drugs want to look at, then there's no way that i want to be on those drugs.

the last 2 days have been shocking though. proper staring into the abyss stuff. still, there's no such thing as a free lunch, is there?

tom pr

Those people were the worst. They were even worse than Debby Harry.

viktorvaughn

lovely to meet up with you too matt!

i've been the last 3 years. i think the music's been getting steadily better/aligned with my personal tastes (less of a reliance on warp-ish IDM, and more techno and electro).

the mud didn't matter so much to me. if yr on enough drugs (and if not, why not? etc) then it's all much of a muchness. in fact, better rain than the scorching temperatures of last year, when it got truly dangerous because the water supplies stopped working.

speaking of which, despite the organisers constant claims that they'd vastly improved the water situation, me and a mate had to resort to digging the water tap for our camp site out of a hole in the ground! it was just a pipe lying on the floor that had got buried.

also, i say this every year but the place to be really is the sancho panza tent. it has by far the best, friendliest atmosphere and feels much more like a proper party: you get to know people in there.

all that psy-trance bollocks can fuck off though. it really is the nadir of dance music, and, visually, it's so horrifically ugly. if that's what people on those drugs want to look at, then there's no way that i want to be on those drugs.

the last 2 days have been shocking though. proper staring into the abyss stuff. still, there's no such thing as a free lunch, is there?

Nice to hear from somebody who knows it well! I had a great time but to be honest the focus rapidly but unintentionally shifted onto illicit stimulants and horse tranqs and away from the music. I really wanted to see DJ Assualy play.

The breakcore stuff really left me cold, it's just so geeky and nerdcore, no proper dance element to it at all. And it all seems a bit self-consciously wacky - like the guy dressed as Beethoven.

The whole psy scene was just so appalling and the music so dreadful. I bet half of them would be people to sneer at kids in tracksuits in Novas listening to speed-garage yet they are all dressed the same and dread-locked same as their mates in a big statement of individuality!!? Every stall had fucking CHAI, what about some good old normal tea eh eh? You don't have to have vegan shoes to save the world. A mind powered not solely by lentils can make informed ethic decisions!!

But the Dubstep, techno etc. was heavy;) We should have a Dissensus pint next year.