Your shameful record buying past

tom pr

I made a start on actually sorting out the piles and piles of records on the desk/shelves/floor of my bedroom, and I think I'm going to get rid of some for the first time ever. Not because I need the money, simply because I just can't take owning five Dream Theater albums anymore.

There's a part of me that thinks I should stick with them; a bit like a dodgy tattoo you got in school, but I can't see it happening. So what are the most embarassing records you own?

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
I tore up my collection earlier in the year and ebayed a load of stuff. A few howlers in there. I had a comp of really bad, camp high NRG from the early 80s, that I'd bought thinking it was disco (for ignorant readers, high NRG was an 80s bastardization of disco for cheesy gay clubs - it is kinda to disco what happy hardcore is to house).

And teeth-grindingly bad progressive/handbag house from the early 90s. That all went out the door. For example, that Pizzaman record that Normon Cook did :mad: :mad: :mad:

As for what's the most embarressing record that I decided not to sell, cos I still like it - that's kind of a guilty pleasures thing, I spose? I'll have to think on that.

barry_abs

lil' beyutch
I think I'm going to get rid of some for the first time ever.
i got rid of my entire cd/tape/vinyl collection, despite the sentimental attachments.. i still have the music - ripped them in or downloaded replacements.. just couldn't be arsed with the physical burden anymore.. i'm currently doing the same with my dvd collection - ripping then discarding/selling the originals.. even my box of vhs tapes full of Yo! MTV Raps i may discard - most of it is on youtube now, besides the studio antics with dre/lover.

as for embarassing records owned.. i once inherited a Hank Marvin album which i gave away to my boss to use as hilarious hold music.. i also had the Neil's Heavy Concept Album (hole in my shoe, my white bicycle etc.) but i loved that!

S

simon silverdollar

i own a Junkie XL record. and a Gravity Kills one.

for some reason, post-NIN pop-'industrial' held a large appeal for me in the late 90s.

WORST MUSIC EVER.