MP3 Hosting, Server Space

O

Omaar

Hey,

Anyone know of a good way to get free server space - I would like to upload some tracks I've been working on to share with friends, and I'm also thinking of converting some of my vinyl to MP3 and putting up some oddities that I think I may have in my record collection - though I haven't even looked at my records in so long I'm not sure about that anymore.

Can anyone recommend a good site? what's rapidshare.de like? Or are there any cheap places to buy space out there? - I probably won't need a domain name as I'll just use my blog I reckon.

Cheers

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
Soundclick is free. But people have to register to download from it.

Does you ISP offer space? Many ISP's offer a small amount of web space, you could check with yours.

O

Omaar

thx pearsall - My ISP provides pretty limited space so I've decided to fork out for a domain name and some server space.

bo!ne

www.streamload.com is perfect for this

you can get 10GB of space for nothing, or if you pay $4.95 a month you get unlimited storage and can use it to stream any of the files on there. you can either give people a URL (if youre paying the minimum fee to allow downloading from your account) or if youre using the free version just give people your username and password to log in themselves.