techno in berlin

elgato

I just dont know
sorry, sorry, rubbish thread i know, im sure this has been covered in other threads but a few searches have helped me none...

a few friends are in Europe at the moment and just got in touch asking where to go for techno in Berlin... other than Berghain are there any places particularly worth checking? does anyone know any of the networks through which you can hear about warehouse / free parties?

any help would be greatly appreciated

zhao

there are no accidents
I've actually been disspointed with music scene here... sure techno and house is everywhere, but quality music is still hard to come by -- and "minimal" is used as a catch-phrase so off handedly that it doesn't really mean much anymore. i've found that in the end this city is just like any other --- only 2 % of people take the time to find out about *good* techno, and to the rest it's just wall paper in a bar.

i went to the weekend to see kompakt djs. but they were catering to the crowd, most of which were there just to be at the club, and probably have no idea what kompakt is --- so we ended up with a crowd pleasing set until dawn, and none of the real, hair raising, chilling sickness that i love.

and in other places a lot of samey samey electro-house nu-rave stuff. it's effective, sure, (especially if on drugs) but very shallow, with no heart or formal innovation -- just loads of bass and predictable breakdowns.

at M12 there are more experimental electronics going on... but it's very hit or miss.

looks like if i want it done right i'll have to do it my DAMN self. same story...