Gene for left-handedness found

N

nomadologist

My dad is ambidexterous (sp?) but uses his left hand for a lot of things like eating, etc. Pair that with my mom's side with lots of bipolar, schizophrenia, and MS, and I'm toast!

Dusty

Tone deaf
Us south paws have far more to worry about than mere schizophrenia.

My mother started out left-handed but had it caned out of her at school. Every time she tried to write with her devils hand they slapped it with a ruler. She still eats left handed, so they didn't spot that one in the canteen.

I am pretty nifty at shooter computer games, and my ex who was also left handed was the most accident-prone girl I have ever met. So that Australian research seems spot on.

Client Eastwood

and i cant edit my post either

i also remember in primary school they used mirrors to convert lefties on mass in a separate class. how the mirrors help i have no idea but it didnt work on me. (this was looong time ago)

Client Eastwood

^^ how's your reading ? do you find words juxtaposing. I also find I miss 's' from words where they should be. So words would be word. Maybe its me just being lazy, but when I reread that's my most common mistake.

swears

preppy-kei
I'm left handed and I can't how it's made any difference to my life at all, except that I can't use a fountain pen without the ink getting smudged.

Client Eastwood

Like wise, except when writing at a desk i have to have the paper at 45 degrees so im not pushing the pen as much.

Oh and watches as when I wear one, which is not very often, I have it on my right hand as it annoys me when i write or use a mouse. I suppose my belt is on left handed as the dangley bit is on the right.

and

Dusty

Tone deaf
Surely you must suffer the endless life-altering pain of having to move the mouse to the other side of the keyboard everytime you use someone elses computer?

matt b

Indexing all opinion
I'm left handed and I can't how it's made any difference to my life at all, except that I can't use a fountain pen without the ink getting smudged.

that's because us left handers are wonderfully adaptable

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Im top half leftie handed and bottom half rightie footed. That's me uber fuxed :eek:

Me too! Could that also mean I´m bisexual too as a run on effect like the leftie schizo thing????

Fucken hell! And there is schizophrenia in my family, and...arr fuck..I´m fucked, where´s the noose?? Who´s gonna give me life insurance now they can predict this shit??

oh well, at least we can defend ourselves!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4073775.stm

Last edited:

CHAOTROPIC

on account
^^ how's your reading ? do you find words juxtaposing. I also find I miss 's' from words where they should be. So words would be word. Maybe its me just being lazy, but when I reread that's my most common mistake.

Never had anything like that, although my handwriting is tiny & Se7en-esque psycho-cramped with my left writing hand arched & hovering over the paper to avoid smudges. Parents or teachers must have tried to change my handedness pretty doggedly because I play violin & guitar right-handed, eat & drink with my right hand, wear watches on my left hand & my dangly belt-thing to the left too. So everything's normal. Although I'm homosexual. (Which is normal in London I suppose.)

Shonx

Shallow House
My mum, brother, dad and both grandads are/were all left handed. And brown-eyed. And average height or shorter.

I'm tall, right-handed and blue-eyed. They swear I'm not adopted

Client Eastwood

Surely you must suffer the endless life-altering pain of having to move the mouse to the other side of the keyboard everytime you use someone elses computer?

I dont bother. I manage to use my right hand just as well when I come across this situation. What I cant do is brush my teeth with my right hand without mashing up my gums.

viktorvaughn

I wear watch on right hand but am right handed.

I use the mouse with left hand as was getting pain in right side to getting a bit e-bidextrous.

Freestyle on the belt thing going either side!