So who on this board is in the states or canada?

Keith P

draw for the drumstick
that's really surprising
would most of the people who are stateside here consider themselves grime and dubstep fans?
Are alot of you guys dj's, promoters etc.?

I DJ'd for years when I lived in bigger cities in the South but I returned to the mountain where I grew up five or six years ago. Still haven't managed to shake the record collector/music obssesive bug though.
I enjoy all the grime stuff I've been able to hear via internet radio and white labels from UK merchants like Independance,et al. Dubstep I don't enjoy as much. For whatever reason it puts me in mind of alot of the No U-Turn/Tech-Step records that I burned out on in the late nineties.

Keith P

draw for the drumstick
I buy from independance and RD myself.

More of a full on grime fan but I do enjoy some of the music thrown into the "fwd" category. Wizzbit type tunes and I'm feeling Distinction's tunes as well. Alot of the loefah, kode 9, etc. stuff doesn't interest me as much. Too"dubby" and not enough energy for my taste. Guess we're on the same page in regards to that.

Last edited:

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
I live in New York. I buy the occassional bit from overseas (you can't find shit here) but I have to limit it as the exchange rate is so ridiculous at the moment. Just got a package from Independance yesterday, actually, with a couple of obvious tunes (Colder RMX, Ice Cream Man, Be There Or Be Square blah blah blah) and the Bashy and Bossman mix cd's.

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
Hi there.

Grime: 's OK, I guess. Feeling some of it.

Dubstep: see dialectic_bricks' post above. Waaaaaayyy too No U-Turnish.

carlos

manos de piedra
houston, tx

i've liked most of the grime and dubstep i've been able to hear- mostly through downloads and streams.

i like the dubby kode 9 type stuff best

C

captain easychord

the dreaded icy climes of toronto

i DJ pretty regularly and promote a monthly jam. feeling bashment style grime more than dubstep, currently buying lots of stuff from RD and Independance and playing it out.

Dubquixote

Submariner
I'm in New York also. Used to buy loads from Big Apple (you are sorely missed!) I always try to slip little mini dubstep/grime sets into the dancehall and dub that I play out.

Grime is about to blow here though (in the underground at least). It's very much on the radar of the scenesters in the last few months.

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
I am in Baltimore. I do not like grime but I do not see how that has anything to do with being on this forum. There's all kinds of musical knowledge being thrown around here.

Eric

Mr Moraigero
Texas again

Austin Texas here, love grime, less so dubstep
also (dancehall) reggae, reggaeton, ...
Carlos---Houston huh?

Keith P

draw for the drumstick
I am in Baltimore. I do not like grime but I do not see how that has anything to do with being on this forum. There's all kinds of musical knowledge being thrown around here.

It seems alot of people on here are into it, even the stateside heads. Thats why I was asking.

Keith P

draw for the drumstick
anyone stateside and to my people in texas please add me to your instant messenger if u r on aim or msn