sole & the skyrider band

just got my mate's review copy of this, anyone heard it?

i know a lot of people have an instant aversion to anticon (which in some cases is definitely warranted) but this is different than anything i've heard of that label. sole with some band, sounds like a lot of it was played live i don't know, but there's all kinds here, fucking decent dub and weird weird stuff in places.

myspace, http://www.myspace.com/soleandtheskyriderband
i don't know if it's online yet- haven't seen it- and this CD has a name on it.

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
we did an interview with sole a few years back where he basically wearily announced the end of anticon.. i was still into his stuff at the time but i just CAN'T listen to it anymore. if i can muster the courage will give this a try.

soleone

?

wearily announced the end of anticon? i think what i said, was that it was turning into something that was not exactly what i had envisioned from the beginning, and so to let it progress naturally i was distancing myself from it and focusing on my music, because putting all my energy into this amorphous thing called "anticon" was becoming a war with my friends, so i simply had to let go and let it be what it would be. i had to adjust from being the dude who ran the label to a member of the "collective" and although, idealistically i was ready to let that change happen, in my mind i still struggled with what was happening.

i just re-read the interview. you were asking me very difficult questions that at the time, that i didn't really know howo to answer. i dont sit in the mirror and interview myself or practice answering questions. maybe i should.

-sole

mos dan

fact music
wearily announced the end of anticon? i think what i said, was that it was turning into something that was not exactly what i had envisioned from the beginning, and so to let it progress naturally i was distancing myself from it and focusing on my music, because putting all my energy into this amorphous thing called "anticon" was becoming a war with my friends, so i simply had to let go and let it be what it would be. i had to adjust from being the dude who ran the label to a member of the "collective" and although, idealistically i was ready to let that change happen, in my mind i still struggled with what was happening.

i just re-read the interview. you were asking me very difficult questions that at the time, that i didn't really know howo to answer. i dont sit in the mirror and interview myself or practice answering questions. maybe i should.

-sole

hello. i've replied to sole on pm so you'll forgive me if i don't go through it all again for public benefit here.

in summary: i'm sorry i was flippant but i don't listen to much besides grime these days, as people on this board will no doubt testify. i suppose you didn't really announce 'the end of anticon', sorry to put words in your mouth - it was as you say the end of an era though. an end of anticon as most people had known it..

the interview was fascinating, and now you describe it i don't think we really realised the full extent of what was going on behind the scenes, and how anticon was evolving - that goes for our 'difficult' questions as well! we weren't trying to make things difficult. either way i don't think you need to practice answering q's lol.. you should try talking to some of the monosyllabic morons that pass for musicians these days ;)