Heroes - the new Buffy?

Transpontine

history is made at night
I haven't really been properly hooked on a TV programme since the end of Buffy, at least not in that 'this is up there with my favourite books, films, music and I have to just talk about it constantly ' sense. But having watched the first three episodes of Heroes, I am wondering is the gap finally being filled? What do other people think?

bastowe

I'll admit, when Buffy ended a great hole opened up in my heart, only briefly filled by Veronica Mars (season one was great, everything after that just so so). But Heroes is quite entertaining, despite having none of the wit or ambition of Buffy. It pretty much is exactly what it appears to be--a tv show about a bunch of people with super powers trying to save the world. With Buffy I always felt like the plots were beside the point, the characters and their development was where the action was. Heroes is jolly good one-dimensional fun. If this show had been on when I was a comic obsessed 12 yr old tho...I would have been mad for it!

Transpontine

history is made at night
Early days with Heroes though, maybe the characters will develop or maybe not. After all Buffy got better over time (imho), and the original film was pretty rubbish.

boomnoise

♫
I've watched the whole first series of Heroes and have to say it's fantastic. Character development is quite limited and yes it is quite 1-dimensional with acting and dialogue to match but it is really great entertainment.

Apparently the second series is going to introduce entirely new characters as well as keeping a few of the current ones.