what was i listening to?

jenks

thread death
Having spent a little time on this forum i thought i ought to listen to some of the music championed by the grime-istas etcers. so last night i let the radio settle on a pirate station - 88.4. anybody out essex way know what the name of teh station might be and what was being played between 8.30 and 9? i feel like a total neophyte but what was all stuff about getting 5 calls or something not being played again - i feel like someone's dad who has just gate crashed a teenager's party and is trying to learn the latest dance moves!!! i kinda liked the music but am i being very gauche when i say that the guy who was talking over the top got a little repetitive - how many times can you say "it's all good"?

jenks

thread death
not unless you are my son - if that's the case what are you doing out of bed at that time of the night - you've got school in the morning

S

simon silverdollar

-the stuff about missed calls is the way pirate DJs guage the popularity of a track- if a track gets a certain number of missed calls, there'll be a rewind. it's an effective, free way for listeners to tell the DJs what they like.

not sure what the pirate station you were listening to was tho- i can't get essex stations. you should be able to get rinse 100.3 fm and raw uk 90.0fm if yr in essex tho, i think. i recommend those very highly. aftershock will be on raw uk at 10-12 tonight and that'll be very worth hearing. also logan sama at 7-9 friday night on rinse.

[oh, btw, just to complicate matters- although pirate slots are given out as, say, '7 till 9', you have to make allowances for some adverts coming in after the previous show. adverts can be on for 15 minute or so. so if it says 7 till 9 it prob really means 7.15- 9]

jenks

thread death
thanks for being so gentle with me - the good will and friendliness on this place is a real joy
will definitely check out the silverdollar recommendations, 'now if i can just master the dialect '(he says to himself in a henry higgins kinda way!)