Jammer - all purpose thread

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
JAMMER FT LICKLE J / BADMAN PEOPLE / JAHMEK DWORLD

It's gonna be on his album Top Producer. It's his best fuckin tune ever if you ask me. AND he's been sitting on it for at least 2 years. It's old! I've been waiting and waiting for this to come out, seems like its finally gettin closer.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
He completely revocalled it recently by the way. the old version had completely irrelevant bars on it which contradicted the hook. So I asked him to write proper verses and turn it into a conscious track. And he delivered well. I am really looking forward to the album. Hopefully someone comes in with a good proposal to secure the release.

mos dan

fact music
He completely revocalled it recently by the way. the old version had completely irrelevant bars on it which contradicted the hook. So I asked him to write proper verses and turn it into a conscious track. And he delivered well. I am really looking forward to the album. Hopefully someone comes in with a good proposal to secure the release.

haha interesting story. i love it when mcs spit their anti-war and pro-war bars in quick succession. it works fine for politicians, to be fair.

yeah that album could be huge - i thought 'straight necklin' was really underrated in terms of crossover potential fwiw.

john eden

male pale and stale
It's a brilliant tune - he wears the dancehall influence well. The Sizzla tune on RU dumb 2 is fantastic in my book.

mos dan

fact music
incredible though he is as a producer and mc at his best, he needs to fix up his live performance a bit i think. last few times he's shown up on a live set (that i've seen) it's hype at the expense of anything else. just moshing with yourself and screaming 'it's the meeeeeeerkle...' then getting the rewind is a little bit old now. he can be incredible live in the right context of course, i just think it's maybe time to move on from that schtick.

the good thing about jammer is that you can never fault him on lack of energy, even if he is just screaming murkle!!! when he's out and performing, you know he's enjoying himself (more than can be said for a lot of mc's) and thats completely infectious - its one of the reasons i reckon he can still get away with the same bars he had two years ago.

put jammer b2b tempa t, madness!

mos dan

fact music
the good thing about jammer is that you can never fault him on lack of energy, even if he is just screaming murkle!!! when he's out and performing, you know he's enjoying himself (more than can be said for a lot of mc's) and thats completely infectious - its one of the reasons i reckon he can still get away with the same bars he had two years ago.

put jammer b2b tempa t, madness!

it's not the fact that the merkle man bars are old, i have no prob with that at all (no snobbo), it's that he doesn't even do them properly - just three words, then a reload, then three more words, then waits for the reload.

tempa t is by far and away the king of live mc-ing for me so far this year.