R+S split up?

ChineseArithmetic

It is what it is
Yes, I read this on another message board a while ago. IMO it could be a good thing; for me R&S have got into a bit of a rut, just ploughing the same digital dub furrow. The recent Maurizio Tony Allen remix was the most interesting thing I've heard from him in ages. I'd like to hear the two of them doing something different for a change, their current sound has got a bit stale.

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
that tony allen mix is recent? I got it and thought it was great but just assumed it was old. I've never liked r+S as much as basic channel, but it'd still be sad if they weren't working together anymore.

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
just listening on boomkat this does sound welllll good, i'm tempted to buy the whole release actually. i should have it already.

nomos

Administrator
ah no worries. i'd just pulled my head out of a book and was still in nerd mode. just thought it was funny to read that sound and rhythm had stopped working together. the end of music as we know it...

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
i know maurizio does a lot of solo stuff,but what about the other guy, mark ernestus? I can't recall ever having seen anything he's done solo....

UFO over easy

online mahjong
i know maurizio [is single handedly responsible for some of the greatest electronic music of all time]

so I'm sure we'll be ok :D

been thinking about all this for a while, and though it is a shame, I sort of get the picture now as far as the R&S sound goes. assuming they were just going to carry on doing what they were doing anyway. if they feel they can get more done separately, then they should do it :)

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
haha well yeh he is. they don't do interviews do they, so i don't suppose we'll know why they split up. i suppose i agreee with you ufo, but its still a shame for weepy sentimental reasons.

DJ PIMP

seems natural enough. been waiting for their next epoch/project/label for ages and it never arrived.

Don Rosco

Although they are obviously one of the most influential and innovative producers ever to bless us with their output, this is no great loss. To be honest, they haven't done anything new in years and years, have they? They might do something new, separately.

That blog has a link to the AMAZING Scion and Tikiman live show btw. If you haven't heard it, get on the case.

mms

sometimes
i think they ran their course, also i've totally worked out how they do their trademark sound.