New diplo mix and Pitchfork interview

dHarry

This one uses software, as he says in the interview. (It's a little lacklustre, I wonder if the software thinned it all out a bit? The last time I listened to Sabbath's The Wizard it was a LOT punchier than this... pity he left out the breakbeat too...)

hint

party record with a siren
This mix is done using software.

For club gigs, he uses Serato and I guess he uses special edits of certain tracks too.

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
This interview is a perfect example of the Pitchfork-writer-sucks-up-to-trendy-dude-of-the-moment that makes so much of their "journalism" impossible to read. I didn't listen to the mix.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
That mix was.... lacklustre. Sounded like it was put together by John Cusack's character in the film adaptation of High Fidelity with added computer wizardry. Sound quality was flat as fuck as well.

nomos

Administrator
"random" as ideal, in all its nauseating emptiness. his whole thing is "look, i put this next to THAT! isn't that wild?! the kids love it!"

Blackdown

nexKeysound
"Most recently, Pentz founded Heaps Decent, a non-profit project that plans to work within underdeveloped countries and with the disenfranchised to have their music and message be heard in a more modern way. So far, the project has visited Australia..."

Underdeveloped countries... Australia?!

stelfox

Beast of Burden
to be fair there are plenty of disenfranchised people in australia. its treatment of aboriginal communities is legendarily poor.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
yeah but in relative terms it's a 1st world country.

re people's comments about the journalism: i dunno, i found the interview interesting, loads of detail on scenes i pay little attention to (tho i saw Mathead DJ when I was in NYC).

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
"Most recently, Pentz founded Heaps Decent, a non-profit project that plans to work within underdeveloped countries and with the disenfranchised to have their music and message be heard in a more modern way. So far, the project has visited Australia..."

Heard in a more modern way? Like on MIA albums?