Grime family trees

Logos

Ghosts of my life
Someone should do a book (or a website/blog i suppose)...nicely drawn like those rock ones were.

A bit of a geeky thing to do i guess but if anyone is interested we could start it here...

spooky girlfriend

Wild Horses
brilliant idea...showing who belongs in which crew and who is affiliated with who, it's very confusing if your a noob. had to live with a DJ for a year, but i like to think i know quite alot now since i've found all the key websites and know alot of the history but there are some things that still baffle me. for example i can't find a Cold Blooded myspace, all i know is that they have Terminator and Revolver. the neckle camp/slew dem thing still confuses me aswell. i guess there's got to be at least one Dissensian qualified to assemble this info in a blog? ;)

msoes

i once found a post on some random ukg/2 step forum through google which had a massive massive list of all these different crews. i cant find it anymore though

cold blooded is terminator revolver scorcher dolla da dustman. dont know if scorcher is still doing it though.

ive got no idea whos in neckle camp anymore. straight necklin was jammer, ears, gully ranjah and knuckles mainly. also some other occasional guys like flamin, hoodlem, angry. ears and knuckles have left.

viktorvaughn

I'm sure if someone kicked it off, we could all add to it piece by piece. There is a lot of knowledge on these boards! The original poster could then edit their first post with the new bits.

mos dan

fact music
seriously though, is anyone ever going to be able to write a thorough, precise history of grime? the facts are so... sketchy!

Logos

Ghosts of my life
I'll have a crack at a few...probably start with roll deep and ruff sqwad circa 05' and we'll have to work backwards and forwards from there. I'm really patchy on early paug, nasty, east connection etc.

If we get it going on here it could be moved on to a blog at some point but collective knowledge better at this point.

viktorvaughn

What about Roll Deep? I'm sure some of these are way off.

Orig -
Wiley
Scratchey D
Flowdan
Danny Weed
Brazen
Breeze
Dizzee
Bubbles
Karnage
Roachee
Manga
Target
Wonder

Riko
Trim
Maximum

JME
Skepta
Syer

I didn't bother with extended fam like Biggie Pitbull, Tommy Gunz, Discarda, Jet Li, Jamakabi, Dom P etc.

Last edited:

tom pr

Orig -
Wiley
Flowdan
Danny Weed
Brazen
Breeze
Dizzee
Bubbles
Karnage
Roachee
Manga
Target
Wonder
on the DVD with In at the Deep End they say Roachee wasn't an official member until When I'm Ere. I'm not 100% sure whether Brazen was always in it or if he joined after Breeze, but other than that it looks right. Syer joined in 05 and left in late 06 or early 07, obviously...

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos

Orig -
Wiley
Flowdan
Danny Weed
Brazen
Breeze
Dizzee
Bubbles
Karnage
Roachee
Manga
Target
Wonder

Riko
Trim
Maximum

JME
Skepta

I didn't bother with extended fam like Biggie Pitbull, Tommy Gunz, Discarda etc.

This list is missing Scratchy and Jet Le.

Logos

Ghosts of my life
I think PAUG was:

Slimzee
Gods Gift
Wiley
Flowdan
Geeneus
Target
Maxwell D
Plauge
Major Ace

Any more? Was this line-up stable until they morphed into roll deep?

luka

that looks right for pay as u go kartel. then half of them, major ace, gods gift, maxwell d went east is east, later east co, with preshus, jookie mundo, double o, diesel, nikki slim ting and people i can't remember, including nasty crew, or at least some of them stormin used to have a lyirc, 'gotta represent east is east and nasty crew.'and wiley done roll deep. preshsus was big in the 2step days with um, supreem team or something, i had some tapes of their shows, they were incredible, starkey i think was the other mc.
demon went from doing desire fm sets with scoobee and petchie to east co later plus lady fury, napper, shizzle and various others.

here's one that is right if memeory serves
MAD crew
d.e.e (dj)
alley
monkee

"heartless crew and MAD tapes grew me, can't forget to big up petchey and scoobee"
Kano