Anyone know of a good multi genre EDM internet radio station?

kidlogic

Im looking for a station to play on where I can spin whatever I feel like when I get on. I spin many styles of music and would like to find a station that would be cool with me playing house, breaks, dnb, skweee, dubstep, techno, hip hop, bmore, etc... anyone know of such a station?

A related question - If I cant find such a station and it came down to me starting my own, would anyone else be interested? Either as a listener or a dj?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
There's always ResonanceFM, where you can do an initial hour mix.

And yeah, I'd be interested in doing some radio again, I got some more free time now.

kidlogic

Ill look into ResonanceFM - thanks for that...

I did the podcast thing for a while, but its hard for me to keep on them. With live broadcasts theres that commitment factor, both in commiting to a time and to the mixing. No restarts on a live feed.
It takes me forever to do podcasts and studio mixes cause Im a somewhat of a perfectionist.
I currently do a weekly on dubstep.fm, but Im locked into dubstep on there. My taste changes with my mood, so Id like to find a station where I can do whatever...

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Ill look into ResonanceFM - thanks for that...

I did the podcast thing for a while, but its hard for me to keep on them. With live broadcasts theres that commitment factor, both in commiting to a time and to the mixing. No restarts on a live feed.
It takes me forever to do podcasts and studio mixes cause Im a somewhat of a perfectionist.
I currently do a weekly on dubstep.fm, but Im locked into dubstep on there. My taste changes with my mood, so Id like to find a station where I can do whatever...

Resonance do a thing called Clear Spot which you can write to them/ring them and ask to do an hour long mix for them. They're an 'art' station, so some sort of angle is usually good as to what you're playing and why, and then if they like what you're doing they'll offer you a show.

There's also IllFM and the South Hackney Institute of Technology, both of which are internet only. If anyone knows any more I'd be quite interested in knowing what radio is about.

I know Ice Cold FM (.co.uk) had some slots available, but I don't know how prescriptive they are.

And yeah, I'd say doing live radio is a really good thing to do, it's lonely sometimes! But whne it kicks off it can be a really amazing experience. Most of the people I hang around with now I met by doing our show on resonance.

dogger

Sweet Virginia
fairy small-scale (and run by a mate of a mate) - Universal Vibes, based in Bethnal Green, do guest slots and are fairly eclectic. definitely dance-orientated, but not specific to one genre by any means.

www.universalvibes.com

kidlogic

From what I understand you just need the broadcasting software (Nicecast for MAC, Winamp and some plugins for Win) a streaming server (Shoutcast, Icecast) and a website/host. The shoutcast server costs a monthly fee though and costs per listener, ie 500 capacity costs a certain amount, 1000 cap costs a bit more and so on. A cable connection should be fast enough.
If you do it right, it can pay for itself (although you wont make much in the way of profit), but it is time consuming to run a station right. It can be quite rewarding though :D I just dont have the time or the money atm. Maybe in the future...

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
our show is up your street Kidlogic, we're starting up again soon, we can maybe air a prerecorded thing, late night, this maybe easier than getting a 'clearspot' show.

Decibel Breach

Resonance is strangely free of interesting DJ slots really, Solid Steel (yawn!) that's about it in terms of long DJ sets. It's about time an eclectic & experimental DJ show returned.

kidlogic

our show is up your street Kidlogic, we're starting up again soon, we can maybe air a prerecorded thing, late night, this maybe easier than getting a 'clearspot' show.

Decibel Breach

Resonance is strangely free of interesting DJ slots really, Solid Steel (yawn!) that's about it in terms of long DJ sets. It's about time an eclectic & experimental DJ show returned.

Very cool, Ill be getting you guys some sets soon! Thanks!