'Rot of the stars' - most Lovecraftian natural phenomenon EVER?

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
...apart from squid.

But why has it got a welsh name? I've never come across any other scientific entity named in the language of the valleys, why star rot? Is there some unknown mystic welsh astrologer?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Who knows? Welsh does seem quite an appropriate language, though:

PH'NGLUI MGLW'NAFH CTHULHU LLANTYSILIOGOGOGOCH!

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
BUMP!

Found another that leaves gooey organic crap in the dust (or mud): upper atmospheric lightning, specifically 'sprites' and 'elves'...

Upperatmoslight1.jpg

I mean just look at that big red fucker. Don't try and tell me it means us any good at all. :cool:

(OK, so it's a diagram, but there are some pretty rocking photos too:

blue_jet_enhanced_020313_02-719183.jpg

116916main_green_sprite_lg.jpg

sprite.jpg

RedSprite2.jpg

efaewfa12f.JPG

I bet whoever drew that diagram at the top had a whale of a time. :))

Just remember: when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES!"

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Next time there's a thunderstorm on the horizon, just look above the clouds, I guess. There's footage that appears to have been taken with an ordinary hand-held camcorder.

spr-look.gif

I just can't get over how evil some of these photos look:

Oscar-van-der-Velde1.jpg

massrock

“Basically where we are is back at square one. We're waiting to see what the National Geographic tests come up with. There are all kinds of other theories, that it's gel from nappies thrown out of jumbo jets, or the gel used to seed hurricanes.

“I'm still inclined to believe the explanation is natural. I quite like the thought that nobody has got an answer. The forensic scientists have complete faith in DNA and yet the jelly has been around for hundreds of years and they can't find any answers. We're running out of scientists to go to now.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/article6840730.ece

Attelaawabe

Rot of the stars most Lovecraftian natural phenomenon EVER

You're welcome. I hope to get to the zoo one of these days and see what I can do with the camera but I doubt I will get shots as good as yours.

sufi

lala
You're welcome. I hope to get to the zoo one of these days and see what I can do with the camera but I doubt I will get shots as good as yours.
great first post, welcome to dissensus,
we're looking forward to more semi-relevant, post-dadaist contributions in this vein...
did you get to the zoo yet???

massrock

Great forum, my wife told me about these ones, they're really great, I didn't think I could be so impressed with sealants before now.

Keep up the good work.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
If we're doing nebulae, I have to include this shot from APOD a fortnight ago. Can you imagine a more breathtakingly ghostly scene? Just amazing.

irasghosthstbig.jpg

Last edited: