Johnny Rotten meets Matlock, Cook and Jones downtown

dHarry

Punk legends The Sex Pistols have announced a concert to mark the 30th anniversary of the release of their seminal album Never Mind the Bollocks.

Sex Pistols live at Brixton Academy
:

Maybe it's because we're all Londoners, but there would be no Sex Pistol without dear old London town.

See you all at Brixton with proper feelings and proper people all around.

From London Bridge to the Rose and Crown, all of Britain is welcome so come on down.

John Lydon.
The Horses Mouth.
September 18th 2007.

Sex Pistols live at London, Brixton Academy, Thursday November 8th, 2007. Tickets go on sale this Friday, September 21st.

john eden

male pale and stale
For example this should ruffle some feathers in the holier than thou anarcho punk "scene":

appear100.jpg

john eden

male pale and stale
"Punk nostalgia - oxymoron or inevitable pantomiming of NO FUTURE"

I quite fancy the crass one, it should prove completely hilarious. Plus also quite cathartic to sing along to all those tunes and pour scorn on Thatcher et al.

dHarry

ooh I don't want this moved to "events" so can I change it to a more general thread, please?

why, if threads get changed on a mere whim, it will mean the breakdown of all civilised order and anarchy will prevail :eek:

"sing", "tunes"? - this is Crass you're talking about remember? :p

martin

----
Crass are charging £15? That'll be about a quid a minute if I remember that LP rightly.

Are they playing the Small Wonder version, as I'd rather they started with the minute's silence.

A night of love, PML

Oh, I see it's Steve Ignorant 'and selected guests' (ie- 3 members of Conflict)

john eden

male pale and stale
why, if threads get changed on a mere whim, it will mean the breakdown of all civilised order and anarchy will prevail :eek:

"sing", "tunes"? - this is Crass you're talking about remember? :p

Well yeah maybe that, or the thread just drift into obscurity only to be revived 20 years from now in an awesomely comedic fashion.

john eden

male pale and stale
Crass are charging £15? That'll be about a quid a minute if I remember that LP rightly.

Are they playing the Small Wonder version, as I'd rather they started with the minute's silence.

A night of love, PML

Oh, I see it's Steve Ignorant 'and selected guests' (ie- 3 members of Conflict)

If I go, and there aren't poorly stencilled leaflets denouncing the event being handed out outside I will be really really disappointed.

But not quite disappointed enough to write my own.

Martin? How about it?

STN

sou'wester
I can only assume that Steve Ignorant will have reworked Crass's canticles to incorporate his own views, namely: all this politics is a bit much really, I'm just a normal bloke in a band, you know? and so what if I say a bird's got a nice bum, it's a compliment isn't it? why does everyone make such a fuss over everything and I quite like Rod Stewart actually etc etc.

martin

----
Maybe he'll bring his Punch and Judy show. He can swivel Judy around, while squeaking "Fuck is womens' money!" in a falsetto while a crocodile batters her over the head

john eden

male pale and stale
I lived in Finsbury Park (the area, not the park itself, ok?) when the pistols did their first reunion tour.

A bunch of us went down there and hung about outside with a few tins and were rewarded by the sight of a gang of spanish punks battering down the wall which had been erected around the gig.

We waited for them to get chased into the venue by security and then casually strolled in to the sounds of Anarchy in The UK. To be fair it was probably the last song they played but it was a good night all the same.

bassnation

the abyss
If I go, and there aren't poorly stencilled leaflets denouncing the event being handed out outside I will be really really disappointed.

But not quite disappointed enough to write my own.

Martin? How about it?

john, i'm up for coming to this- fancy a meet-up?

john eden

male pale and stale
I still quite fancy it, actually, will have a think.

Good to see Jon Active is already keeping it real:

Feeding%20Egos%20Aka.jpg