more fire crew's debut - the best grime album ever?

gumdrops

dug this out the other week.

damn its good.

some weak spots here and there, or not so much weak spots, just a bit of lacking in inspiration, but even those moments i like a lot - some really novel production touches and i love the sound of the emceeing on this, its almost 'quiet'. this is before lethal started doing his shouting style, his flow is so fluid and supple. platinum 45 really was quite excellent (even if he did recycle the oi soundbank a bit too much). one thing i like about his stuff here is that its pre- the 'bad/rough mixing is okay' style of grime beatmaking, but not locked into the dark garage rhythms or ultra clean sonics either.

viktorvaughn

I have a vinyl sampler of this but never heard the whole CD. Does it have the Wiley produced tune on, quite a long track? Not sure what it is called.

Tyro

The Kandy Tangerine Man
It stands up pretty well,even though it must have been knocked up quickly to cash in on the success of ''Oi!''.I have a fondness for the LP as introduced me to Dizzee and Wiley.

The Dizzee track with the bonkers synth line is called ''Still The Same''.Does anyone know where the sample of dialogue on the track {a hollywood actress type voice saying ''I never try anything,I just do it!} comes from?

http://www.myspace.com/thekandytangerineman

28 Gun Nice Boy

I have a vinyl sampler of this but never heard the whole CD. Does it have the Wiley produced tune on, quite a long track? Not sure what it is called.

My copy of 'Still The Same' has an Eski Remix on the flip - is that the tune you're thinking of? I think 'Oi!' is one of the greatest tunes of the decade.

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
Does anyone know where the sample of dialogue on the track {a hollywood actress type voice saying ''I never try anything,I just do it!} comes from?

Russ Meyer's Faster Pussycat, Kill Kill!