benga - diary of an afro warrior

gumdrops

is this out there? ive not got it yet but its meant to be next level dubstep right?! ;)

Last edited:

boomnoise

♫
release date was penciled in for october. but tempa release dates are usually written in fluid.

and yeah, the hype is saying it's supposed to be really good.

should be hearing it soon. will report back.

john eden

male pale and stale
Some of the tunes he was playing on plate at the House Party during his back to back set with Chef were flabbergastingly good.

greeneyes

Bit Mangler
Played some amazing stuff on his recent Australian tour too (and the set had a high percentage of his own material, old and new.) Very very very much looking forward to the album....

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
release date was penciled in for october. but tempa release dates are usually written in fluid.

should be hearing it soon. will report back.
He was playing some nifty stuff on Saturday night.

nomos

Administrator
the title's got me excited. puts me in mind of something like black secret technology or liquid swords.

is it supposed to be sort of a themed, conceptual, narrative thing (like the title suggests) or a collection of tracks like newstep?

boomnoise

♫
He was playing some nifty stuff on Saturday night.

did you reach or catch the stream?

have we met? i can never remember anything! lol

@ paul - the title is inspired isn't it.

the sequence of tracks on this is what i'm very interested it. most tracks have been made with the album in mind, but it's how it works as a collected whole which will make or break the record.

very tricky for an instrumental / dance record to work as a themed, conceptual, narrative thing. just think of the very very few example of this working.

i think it will just be a collection of tracks and we all know what to expect from benga tracks. but i hope that the album flows and makes some sort of sense as an lp

gumdrops

the title is really good but these types of albums (skream, plastician, etc) dont seem to work all that well, no. i cant help thinking that a benga *mixed* cd of new and old tracks might work better than 10-12 tracks of new stuff thats meant to be listened to as an album.

blubeat

blubeat
Agh! Stop bumping this thread unless you are coming with the release info! I keep getting my hopes dashed!

boomnoise

♫
the word on the street dr, is now january release.

it's not currently scheduled on the srd release sheet that goes up to 22/10

gumdrops

anyone catch benga on rinse with n type the other week? a lot of the tracks hes playing which im guessing are from the new album sound so good....

mos dan

fact music

isn't that kinda in the very nature of hype though? (no pedanto) ;) ;) ;)

i am still waiting for any dj set to sound as good as benga's 8-bar set at DOTS this year. i fear i will be waiting a while. sigh.

ether

anyone catch benga on rinse with n type the other week? a lot of the tracks hes playing which im guessing are from the new album sound so good....

recall benny saying something about early next year release date.

also remember something vaguely from a while back about skream and benga collaborating on a techno lp anyone know if this is still happening?

Benga is a

badman also

'Night' has only just got me

there's some deeper parts to the tune that you'll only get if you know...if you get me lol? maybe he did it by accident - who knows?

on the J Da Flex set I was typing about in the dubstep thread, Flex talks about a collaboration there supposed to do coming out through Deekline - what happened to that?

also there's a track he did with two mc's where he plays guitar I think (it might've been a joke) called 'Time Is Money' - where did that end up?

ThinKing

also remember something vaguely from a while back about skream and benga collaborating on a techno lp anyone know if this is still happening?

dunno about a techno LP specifically, but I hear of an interesting collabo coming in the new year.

mos dan

fact music
^ like old timey 8-bar or new fangled?

old timey!!
http://dissensus.com/showthread.php?t=6390&highlight=benga

quoth john eden:

He played a selection of 8bar and proto grime/dubstep from 2000-ish. It was unbelievably good and I was almost in tears that something so fluid and simple could be so effective compared to the bloated shite which it seems to have spawned. Seriously - this set was the stuff of legends - it was like being back at BASH or something.

lissajou

isn't that kinda in the very nature of hype though? (no pedanto) ;) ;) ;)

i am still waiting for any dj set to sound as good as benga's 8-bar set at DOTS this year. i fear i will be waiting a while. sigh.

this absolutely sounds as if it could become my favorite favorite thing!

any chance it might be up someplace for the download?