BOOK ID help. Modern experimental music book - 80s

john eden

male pale and stale
OK I got this one out of the library as a teenager. So, 1980s.

Can't remember much about it but it had a load of stuff about Laurie Anderson in it, including some cool stuff about her using a violin bow with magnetic tape instead of a string - she'd drag it across a tape head, etc.

It had a load of b&w photos in it and had a white cover with coloured text on it. I think. Paperback.

Any ideas?

john eden

male pale and stale
Nope, but that is a great book! Devoured that when it came out and used to love all the Some Bizzare acts...

The one I am thinking of is more american avant garde than UK post-industrial I think....

bunnnnnn

could be 'experimental pop' by billy bergman and richard horn? there's a slightly iffy airbrushed picture of laurie anderson on the cover wielding a neon violin. lots of stuff on no wave, talking heads, columbia-princeton laboratory, etc. lots of b/w pics...

labrat

hot on the heels of love
Edward Lucie Smith-Art in the 70's1980?
seem to rememder laurie anderson photo's (one of a violin playing a 7 inch single?)
lots of chris burden etc

john eden

male pale and stale
could be 'experimental pop' by billy bergman and richard horn? there's a slightly iffy airbrushed picture of laurie anderson on the cover wielding a neon violin. lots of stuff on no wave, talking heads, columbia-princeton laboratory, etc. lots of b/w pics...

Can't find a pic online but that might be the one! Will report back - nice one... :cool::)

labrat, that sounds cool as well - might see about it.

bunnnnnn

1554962710_71a1ee7e89_o.jpg

john eden

male pale and stale
Ha ha! Brilliant! Just ordered it at Amazon, and also the one in the same series on reggae.

Proper hauntology that, I wonder if it will be as great as I remembered?

Cheese-tastic cover as well. :D