Taxidermia

IdleRich

IdleRich
Anyone seen this film and know what it's about? Watched it yesterday and it was pretty weird. One of my friends suggested that it's a three part allegory of Hungarian history or something like, does that make sense? Also, what was the significance of the big cats and, most importantly, what exactly was the guy trying to do at the end. It felt as though it ought to be explained in that final lecture but I couldn't really grasp what was supposed to have gone on, I mean obviously he took out all his internal organs and sewed his body back up and something went wrong when he cut off his arm and head - but what was he trying to do and how did it link to the body of his father?

crackerjack

I mean obviously he took out all his internal organs and sewed his body back up and something went wrong when he cut off his arm and head

That's always a clear-cut sign you're on the wrong track, I find.

On the subject of weird films, saw 13 - Tazmeti the other day. Now that's some dark stuff, though perhaps lacking the metaphorical siginifance you're talking about here.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"That's always a clear-cut sign you're on the wrong track, I find."
Well, if you can remove all of your internal organs and then sew your body back up who is to say that removing your head will do any more harm?

"On the subject of weird films, saw 13 - Tazmeti the other day. Now that's some dark stuff, though perhaps lacking the metaphorical siginifance you're talking about here."
Is that the thing with the builder who steals a ticket for a high stakes gambling game or something? I fancy seeing that.

crackerjack

Well, if you can remove all of your internal organs and then sew your body back up who is to say that removing your head will do any more harm?

Is that the thing with the builder who steals a ticket for a high stakes gambling game or something? I fancy seeing that.

That's the one. Very high stakes gambling. If Hostel had a soul and no budget and was made for David Lynch fans it might have looked like this.