The Death of Stylus

shudder

First, OiNK, now Stylus. Totally unrelated, of course... Or is it? Maybe it's all the filesharing that's brought about the end of internet-based music crit!!!! :)

When it first came around it really seemed like little more than a P4K wannabe, but it proved its mettle as a host for a much wider range of pieces than your typical hype parade (not that pitchfork is all bad neither, of course!). blissblogga on its demise.

tate

Brown Sugar
I'd been told that it will still continue, just that the writers will maintain a version of it themselves. Is this not correct? People around here (e.g., Gavin) will be able to provide a better answer, obv . . .

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
I'd been told that it will still continue, just that the writers will maintain a version of it themselves. Is this not correct? People around here (e.g., Gavin) will be able to provide a better answer, obv . . .

Sorry, I haven't really been in the loop for a while. Todd's done the site from the ground up since the beginning, it wouldn't seem right to turn it over to others. I do hope some interesting things happen with the fallout (besides Pitchfork slurping up some of the writers, obv).

N

nomadologist

todd is a very intelligent and driven person...look forward to maybe him getting to write more

N

nomadologist

his girlfriend was at mine/george's joint birthday party couple weeks ago! lovely girl. she didn't let on at all that this was happening...

S

simon silverdollar

dom passantino's stylus reviews are some of the best writing on music i've ever read.

gek-opel

entered apprentice
I liked Dom's stuff, (though he still writes elsewhere- he was like a Steven Wells for the 00s or something) Nick Southall's think pieces were often excellent. And Cosmo Lee's metal stuff was highly informative and passionate. Its sad and shit really that its all over now.