World's Greatest Female Vocalists

The World's Greatest Female Vocalists across Pop, R&B, Soul, Jazz, Blues, Folk, Rock, Metal and Country

I researched hundreds of singers judging them purely on live performances over the last 3-4 years on criteria such as control of pitch, tone, vocal range, tonal versatility, stylistic versatility...

(Whitney Houston)

1 Celine Dion (39)
2 KD Lang (45)

(Mariah Carey)

3 Diana Krall (42)
4 Christina Aguilera (26)
5 Norah Jones (28)
6 Lara Fabian (37)

(Lauryn Hill)

7 Fiona Apple (30)
8 Sarah McLachlan (39)
9 Rachelle Ferrell (46)
10 Annie Lennox (52)
11 Tamia (32)
12 Tori Amos (44)
13 Amy Winehouse (24)
14 Martina McBride (41)
15 Dianne Reeves (51)
16 Sheryl Crow (45)
17 Kelly Clarkson (25)
18 Neko Case (37)
19 Amy Lee (25)
20 Alanis Morissette (33)
21 Jill Scott (35)

(brackets) = Projected positions / loss of talent may be temporary

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
pitch, tone, vocal range, tonal versatility, stylistic versatility...
Oh my.

I think your survey is fundamentally flawed unless you take breast firmness into account but at least you got all the other important characteristics covered.

:mad:

skim

I researched hundreds of singers judging them purely on live performances over the last 3-4 years on criteria such as control of pitch, tone, vocal range, tonal versatility, stylistic versatility...

There's only one thing worth judging them on, and that's whether they make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up with the raw joy of hearing them sing.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Was this an academic undertaking?

N

nomadologist

KD Lang seems awfully high. Does she have a very good range??

swears

preppy-kei
PCoffeeTableWP1-1.JPG

zhao

there are no accidents
no.

you do not mean World's Greatest Female Vocalists.

what you really mean is America's Most Popular Female Vocalists

and as such i am not interested in participating.

zhao

there are no accidents
the hardest working jugs in entertainment though, now there's a worthy topic.

i vote... damn i don't know enough about celebrity pop singers :(

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
You haven't been asked to participate, you pompous pissbucket - the list has already been written.
It's fair to note, though, that the UK and the US seem to have a bit of a monopoly on "pitch, tone, vocal range, tonal versatility, stylistic versatility...." I know far too little about non UK / US pop, but if the people are going to use the phrase "the World's Greatest..." then I'd have thought there are at least a few vocalists in Bollywood, fada, chanson, rai or whatever who'd Alanis Morisette a run for her money.

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
thank you, um... SLOTHROP. where did you get your screen name? it sounds... really gnarly.

oh and don't forget all the amazing amazing egyptian and arabic pop girls!!! (and I'll bet my left little toe the best jugs will be found somewhere in those parts too)

pascal1.jpg
1257.JPG
1258.JPG
1260.JPG

Last edited: