Recording Studios

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Has anyone got any recommendations for recording studios, especially in London?

This is to record a band - albeit an electronic one - not 'create' a track. Ideally I'd like a Neve desk and to be able to record maybe 12 tracks simultaneously, but separate, with an engineer present. Hell ideally I'd like to be in Chicago recording with Albini but that ain't gonna happen for a bit, but any ideas of what studios people use or where to find out about them would be great.

N

nomadologist

Well, if you really really want to record with Albini, a close friend of mine did. He [Albini] records for hire and he's apparently fun to work wiv. PM me for contact info.

Last edited:

mistersloane

Lemme know if you need a place to crash in exchange for yr KWAITO. Albini is supposedly very reasonably priced.

Thanks Gavin! Kwaito comes for free, it's less the affordability of Albini and his studio - whihc you're right are great- we can cover that - it's more getting six of us out there that bumps the cost up for the moment to levels we just can't do :(. Thus it's London.

There's a coupla more kwaito mixes on the way, if you want individual tracks pm me, but most of what I got I'll make available on the blog, it'll take a while tho.

hint

party record with a siren
The list of London studios with working Neve consoles (the cultish kind, at least) is probably pretty short. Try asking on Gearslutz .

If you're after a particular straight-to-tape Albini-style tone, how about Toerag?

mistersloane

The list of London studios with working Neve consoles (the cultish kind, at least) is probably pretty short. Try asking on Gearslutz .

If you're after a particular straight-to-tape Albini-style tone, how about Toerag?

Toerag wouldn't touch us, too theoretical, unless Liam's changed his tune.