Record centres

muser

lost my record centres and need to get some new ones, wondering if anyone knows where i can get those chunky metal dome shaped ones that you can pretty much throw your 7's on? Can't find em on the net anywhere.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
It's more fun trying line the record up by hand.

I call them spiders - the ones that actually go inside the disc.

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
I cut some out of a cardboard box... it makes the 45s sound warped and warbly... nice.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Always get plastic ones.

Because you will leave them places and have to get new ones. :mad:

defo.

an aside: when i walk into tribe records now, i sometimes get handed a record middle in a pre-emptive fashion.

i take it as a badge of pride :)

PeteUM

It's all grist
I've noticed I have a little routine whenever I'm DJing where I up-end the deck to take it out to the taxi, and then when I come back I find the metal middle... uh... spindle-rider just staring up at me from the floor, as if in reproach for my ongoing idiocy.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
spindle rider!?

is that the proper name?

those technics generic ones- you end up fighting with for 20 minutes to get them free of the 7"

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
I call them 45 adapters... agree with ripley that record centers is much cuter though.

petergunn

plywood violin
Always get plastic ones.

Because you will leave them places and have to get new ones. :mad:

i've actually held onto a pair of the standard techinics metal ones for like 3 years now... kind of amazing... even on the worst sort of drunken chaos night i somehow remember to grab them and put 'em in my pocket...

D

droid

Metal all the way. the plastic ones have no weight to them, but with the metals you can speed up or slow down a tune by applying pressure or spin to the centre without touching the record.

john eden

male pale and stale
Metal all the way. the plastic ones have no weight to them, but with the metals you can speed up or slow down a tune by applying pressure or spin to the centre without touching the record.

Why would anyone want to do that, though? :slanted:

;)