Crass on Tommy Vance

Transpontine

history is made at night
Following John's earlier post about Lydon on Tommy Vance here's another unlikely appearance - Crass on Tommy Vance's radio one Rock On show!

http://www.killyourpetpuppy.co.uk/news/?cat=10&paged=11

This is on the fantastic newish Kill Your Pet Puppy site (KYPP was a great anarchoish punkzine in early 80s), where there all kinds of anarcho and what was briefly known as positive punk tracks - great to be reacquainted with Blood & Roses! Also loads of crass, flux, mob, PTV, Blyth power etc.

Benny Bunter

Big list of Crass stuff on that page, which is the Tommy Vance show? Gonna download it for a mate of mine who's a massive Crass fan (I'm still undecided about em myself...)

Is it the same format as the Johnny Rotten show, with them playing records and being interviewed? That one was absolutely fascinating. I have my reservations about Crass, but I'd definitely be interested in hearing what music they were into.

Anyone heard Jeffrey Lewis' new album of Crass cover versions yet? Saw him perform some of them live and was blown away by the lyrics on 'I ain't thick its just a trick.'

Last edited: