crucial new riddims

zhao

there are no accidents
listening to Blessings for first time right now sweet as can be. proper new-roots stylee.

here is title cut.

strange how sometimes a great riddim like this one have no big artists pon it. and sometimes the big artists are all on wack riddims. :slanted:

for example, Bill Back Riddim has Capleton, Mavado, Red Rat, Sizz, Bounty Killer, etc., and sounds like absolute SHIT.

Last edited:

matt b

Indexing all opinion
yep blackboard's nice.

shockingly, i don't think alborosie has released a thing this week.

zhao

there are no accidents
morgen heritage comes correct on blackboard. but all the versions are nice.

i love all the new versions of classic roots riddims... new Satta, Fisherman, Sky Larking...

matt b

Indexing all opinion
i've only got the sizzla, alborosie and chezidek cuts of blackboard. prefer the version mostly!

which are you talking about? but i think both Blessings and New Blackboard are yet to be compiled by Riddim Driven or Greensleeves.

http://www.dubvendor.co.uk/various---bobo-revolution-maximum-sound-cd-1149-p.asp
boborev.jpg

blubeat

blubeat
which are you talking about? but i think both Blessings and New Blackboard are yet to be compiled by Riddim Driven or Greensleeves.
Original post said "Title Cut" - I misunderstood this to mean this was from an album of the same title. However I'm now about to buy that Bobo Revolution album.

I think I have come to work today and spent more than I have earned!

zhao

there are no accidents
Ward 21 got any good riddims out? I still play I-Rob all the time...

not feelin da dancehall rah rah as of late... been on the new roots one drop tip. but W21 still doing their thing on a slew of new releases i see passing before my eyes all the time... slick and chromed-out gun chat riddims.

john eden

male pale and stale
Ditto - bashment has really fallen off for me this year.

Maybe I'm getting old though - Gabriel to thread!

Eric

Mr Moraigero
Bashment-wise this year I liked Battlefield actually---energetic with plenty of that trancey cheese, but not in a cheesy way.

zhao

there are no accidents
here is DTS. the riddim itself nice, if nothing out of the ordinary... but the strong song craft by i-wayne, fanton mojah, chuck fenda, ce'ceile, and the file linked to - morgen heritage, transform it into a venerable contender for its place on the decks.

what's up with morgen these days? he seems to be in top form.

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
ok on the bashment ragga side, here is a good one for the next installment of Badman Commandments:

bounty killer - bad man no fish on Hill Top riddim.

not sure if his logic is entirely air-tight but the dude sure sounds mighty convincing! :D (or there is always the possibility that "fish" actually refers to something eles in patois? on first listen i can't tell)

gabriel

The Heatwave
ok on the bashment ragga side, here is a good one for the next installment of Badman Commandments:

bounty killer - bad man no fish on Hill Top riddim.

not sure if his logic is entirely air-tight but the dude sure sounds mighty convincing! :D (or there is always the possibility that "fish" actually refers to something eles in patois? on first listen i can't tell)

fish means gay...

bunch of good riddims out recently on the big yard label, can't remember all their names, though one is called Big Yard and another one's got shaggy's who a wear di jacket on it. ward 21's rae riddim is great, as is stephen mcgregor's beehive, though not feeling his other riddims that much really, like 2070s, which is a disco one, lol

zhao

there are no accidents
ah ok... now i feel bad for posting that tune... as good as it sounds :eek:

ok i check top100, rae, big yard, and bee hive... thanks