subliminal brand references in lyrics

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
yeah I'd echo HMLT as to what yer after, for non-subliminal stuff Lucian James used to run a brilliant website about hiphop and advertising, but it seems to be down now, references here

http://blog.fastcompany.com/archives/2003/12/22/american_brandstand.html

and The Source around maybe 2003 in its Power 50 had a guy who was later bigtime discredited - can't remember his name or find a link, sorry, who said that his express desire was to intrinsically link hiphop and advertising.

These aren't subliminal links. But as links to branding within music, hiphop has a largesse surrounding it which you may want to look into if you haven't already, what's it for? Pass The Courvoisier was allegedly not done for material gain, originally.

If you're talking about material gain and believe in Satan, then Madonna's 'Justify My Love' and then backwards 'I love you, Satan, how are you' is my favourite.

I know it isn't subliminal, just felt it was an odd thing for an artist to admit to; only found out yesterday.

Lil Wayne does this all the time, references to half slogans or logos that you get without him saying it. Next time I go on a run of his stuff I'll jot down some names. An awful lot of rap does this actually, drives me mad.

qwerty south

no use for a witticism
thanks everyone for your help.

i'm looking for lyrics echoing corporate slogans / brand values rather than naming products directly...

tyranny

psyche origami - "commercial property" is all that springs to mind, but it's more of an anti telveision anti advertising rant... it's still chock full of advertising and television references though.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
thats just so nice and slimy. isn't all of Fischerspooner's music like epic advertising?

yeah, in that sigue sigue sputnik mold. I think OK Computer does it alot but I couldn't quote lyrics. Only Radiohead lyric I can quote is 'it's doing me in'.