pimp c of ugk - RIP

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
R.I.P. Pimp C
Supposedly Pimp C and Too Short were working on an album. I hope they completed some of it before his untimely death.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
It's a horrible shame. He hadn't even been out of prison that long.

I hope the music media correctly eulogizes him and gives him the respect he fully deserves.

robin

RIP

was listening to a lot of UGK last year,must get out some of the records and get the new one.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
this is really sad.
some of the best times of the last few years for me have been those spent in houston.
it's a wonderful place, full of warm, gracious and welcoming people, and has a very special place in my heart, regardless of the music it produces.
what with hawk (one of the nicest people i have ever met in any walk of life), big moe and pimp c, it seems that all its key players are falling away.
it's a shame, because talking to pimp c after his release from jail last year, he was incredibly glad to be out, motivated, full of ideas, projects and plans, many of which he now won't get to realise.
this is a big loss to southern hip-hop, one of the true architects of its success.
here's one of my favourite photographs that i've ever taken, shot on the day we talked about all that stuff.
RIP - and yes, underground kingz was one of my favourite albums of the year.

285532961_7b40dda840.jpg

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
"Pimp C was arrested that year for drawing a gun during a dispute at a local mall. Charged with aggravated assault, he pled no contest and was given community service. In January 2002, though, after falling behind on his service, he was imprisoned for an eight-year sentence."

Just looking at his bio...does 8 years not seem unnecessarily harsh for this?? :slanted: