energy in your hair

Woebot

this really fascinates me, cf the idea of the hair as the brain's antennae/tied in with the body's management of energy aura

lots of interesting tie-ins:

- samson of biblical repute obv
- the hippies (what precisely was the hippy spin on it)
- rasta locks

BUT ALSO

things i've experienced first hand:

- conditioner. woah what weirdly magical stuff. when you put it on it's like the creator has a masterplan.
- the yogic/theraputic feeling of pulling another person's hair (ever tried this?

a bit wacko i know but wtf?

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I don’t advise getting a haircut, man. All hairdressers are in the employment of the Government. Hair are your antennae, connecting you to the cosmos. This is the reason bald-headed men are uptight"

zhao

there are no accidents
wha? energy? aura? creator? yogic? man you better stop that kinda talk before the philistines label you a new-age crackpot like me!

who said that idlerich?

on the energy/body tip... what about piercings which are located at the main chakra points? like at the bridge of the nose between the eyes. or middle of the lip, or below the lips at the indent above the chin. what does it do to your balance and flow? i've heard yoga people say that it blocks energy and disrupts circulation, but i've also heard from piercing enthusiasts that the piecings have to be the right kind of metal, and that it can actually enhance energy flow...

zhao

there are no accidents
is that movie kind of a cult thing in england? my highschool girlfriend was obsessed with it and i saw it when i was 17 but didn't get it at all... or maybe was too stoned. maybe i need to see it again.

what about pubes? do they conduct / transmit / receive as well? i just shaved all mine off. do it every couple of months. feels great. so at the moment the only hair on my body is a little bit on my fore-arms, under the pits, and on my legs. funny i don't feel uptight at all though :D

straight

wings cru
is that movie kind of a cult thing in england?

a bit of an understatement there. im thinkin at 17 you hadnt (like i hadnt ) really experienced the horrific depths of what people do for fun, and the disguting people we find ourselves asociating with as a result. still makes me laugh every time i see it, i really have to fight against being one of those quote people

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
I've been growing my hair (again), it's quite long now and the spiritual power is actually quite staggering. People of a low vibration can have trouble standing next to me at times. I rarely use conditioner. ;)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I read this book where a character known for inventions of the Heath Robinson/Rube Goldberg persuation creates a machine to 'exercise' his thinning hair, which it does, leaving him with a lovely head of thick, lustrous hair. However, he neglects to maintain the exercise regimen and his hair loses its tone, with the result that he ends up with fat hair.

swears

preppy-kei
I just use a little bit of T-Gel every morning, I love the smell. I don't have an itchy scalp or anything, but everything else feels sort of weird and sticky to me.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
i just shaved all mine off. do it every couple of months. feels great. so at the moment the only hair on my body is a little bit on my fore-arms, under the pits, and on my legs. funny i don't feel uptight at all though :D

too much information! too much information!

Leo

there was a time when every guy at the local dog run looked exactly like moby. head shaved, just as much scraggly bits on their chins as on the tops of their heads. a half dozen mobys (mobi?), all standing around with cups of coffee watching their dogs sniff another dog's privates. happened every morning before work at the local park, it was so comical but i think i was the only one who seemed to notice.

Last edited:

swears

preppy-kei
I used to have quite long hair aged 15-18, but I got sick of a)being mistaken for a girl (honestly, don't think it would happen now, though) and b)getting shit off casuals.

Short hair is just a lot easier to clean, dry, comb. I like the smart look now, anyway.

zhao

there are no accidents
is shaving habits taboo and should not be talked about or something?

The shaving spots, ingrowing hairs and general rash as it grows back might make him a bit uptight, though. :D

well i've been doing it for about... 10 years now, never once had these problems. might be because i don't use a razor, but clippers with safety, and a whole lot of care...