there is a light that never goes out

straight

wings cru
'England's King Edward I was popularly known by the nickname "LONGSHANKS".
Under the command of LONGSHANKS, England conquered Wales in the years 1277-1282.
Henceforth, direct heirs to the throne of England, and their spouses, have been given the titles Prince and Princess of Wales.
This means that the title - Princess of Wales - by which Diana gained her fame is traced back to the reign of LONGSHANKS'

straight

wings cru
i love how morrisey spent so long trying to distance himself from being a big racist then went on a rant about asylum seekers the other week

crackerjack

i love how morrisey spent so long trying to distance himself from being a big racist then went on a rant about asylum seekers the other week

To be fair to Moz (no great hero of mine, I should make clear) he was talking about immigration as a whole, rather than asylum seekers in particular. As I've said elsewhere here, I think he's more of a Little Englander than a racist.

straight

wings cru
Longshanks is a great name for a grime MC.

thats why i posted it boyee.
little englanders are racists and morrisey is the worst type of hypocrite imaginable. The england he remembers is manchester in the early 80s, a crumbling mess of poverty, drugs and unemployment. unemployment. it doesnt wash, he lived in hulme for fuck sake which has had a huge west indian community for years. hes full of shit, the england he remebers was over about 30 years before he was born. im hoping that all those latino gangsters that love him go off him now.

Last edited:

crackerjack

little englanders are racists

Nonsense. Nostalgia for a vanished time is not the same thing as believing people of a foreign culture to be inferior (though obv there's room for substantial overlap between the two).

TBH I think he's just got a very refined talent for mischief making.

You think? He's been singing this song for so long now... I think the mischief was largely in the minds of the mag which suddenly decided it was going to make a BIG ISSUE of it.

comelately

Wild Horses
I think a lot of people have assumed that Morrissey had some big point to make on the subject of immigration. I don't really see that. The man's a multi-millionaire. He can go where he likes, subject to touring which puts him in contact with the cultures of the world anyway. Thus, a multicultural society doesn't offer as many benefits to him as it might to other people. Just a personal preference. He's not suggesting any society should accommodate itself to his preferences.

And while his point about Knightsbridge is probably an exaggeration - it's nothing more than a lot of people who come into London from the rest of England say.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
About Morrissey's latest, hopefully you're aware that it's been asserted that it's all absolute horse shit and the NME basically just re-wrote the interview to make a hate piece on him. Not that I'm a big fan.

Detail here: http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_071129_02

Anyone like that Schneider TM version of There is a light... called The Light 3000? It's free from his website. I like it. Also Erlend Oye's version of it over some Royksopp track on his DJ Kicks.

swears

preppy-kei
Anyone like that Schneider TM version of There is a light... called The Light 3000? It's free from his website. I like it. Also Erlend Oye's version of it over some Royksopp track on his DJ Kicks.

Yeah, love both those tunes. Twee-tronica, lol.