Lily Allen, Kate Moss and old punks/technoheads

Transpontine

history is made at night
Sorry for entering tabloid territory, but hey Lily Allen (22) is pregnant and the dad is the not so gorgeous Ed Simons (37) from Chemical Brothers. Hope for aging techno stars everywhere, what next Moby and Kate Nash?

Also I've only just realized that Kate Moss's latest squeeze, Jamie Hince from The Kills, used to be in anarcho-punk squat stalwartsBlyth Power.

Any other unlikely pairings on your radar?

gumdrops

at the risk of sounding really old, what sort of example does lilly allen getting pregnant send to the young girls following her? (apart from saying that they need to hook up with a man twice their age, that is). i just hope they dont do anything together musically. this is more important.

swears

preppy-kei
He hasn't made a good record for ten years, and she never did anything good in the first place. Can't look at her without seeing her smug, slimy dad anyway. (I think it's in the eyes.)

labrat

hot on the heels of love
jeeziz
is all this true?!?
(Blyth Power were crap -didn't like the Mob much either)
always amazed me Steve Martin used to go out with Cindy Sherman....

viktorvaughn

Lilly looked much nicer when she was a bit more curvy and less concerned with looking like some classy grown-up woman...

at the risk of sounding really old, what sort of example does lilly allen getting pregnant send to the young girls following her?

at the risk of missing the joke or something, what's wrong with getting pregnant?

Transpontine

history is made at night
at the risk of missing the joke or something, what's wrong with getting pregnant?

Yes indeed, she is 22 not 14, I don't think her reproductive choices are really anyone's business (having started off this thread as if they were of course). I also think she's made one or two very good pop tunes actually.