You've Ruined It For Everyone

martin

----
Have you ever completely gone off a band / artist / track you used to (and would otherwise still) love, because somebody really irritating got into them?

I can't listen to Joy Division anymore because they remind me of some idiot I used to know who was obsessed with Ian Curtis, and used to stand in mirrors saying "My eyes look all drugged up like Ian Curtis'" (they didn't). He would just start hum-singing one of their tunes out of the blue, and it became so annoying that I ended up selling my JD LPs. Also, I once met a mad girl in New Cross who liked them and she started bombarding me with scarey phone calls when I wouldn't go out with her.

What about you then?

bun-u

Trumpet Police
The Stone Roses, because alot of people I didn't care for got into them and became horribly obsessive about them and also cos of that ridiculous Ian Brown monkey impression that people did when dancing to them. It persists because they seem to get undue recognition for their role in the evolution of dance music.

Take these things away and I might actually like them

john eden

male pale and stale
At school, some bloke would rush out of lessons early every single fucking day and stick "Infected" by The The on the 6th form turntable. Which was crap because I really liked that LP and Soul Mining.

Plus a girlfriend of mine had a really creepy landlord who lived with her and was obsessed with Two Tone. He was a bit of an ulster loyalist and went out exclusively with impressionable teenage girls. Me and Two Tone are cool again now, though.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
I used to be really into 20s jazz, especially bix beiderbecke, until my elder sister split up with her husband.

It just wasn't "right" anymore.

Dr Venom

Wild Horses
I hate Manchester United coz every kid at Primary school bummed them even though we live 200 miles away from Manchester, and they always won everything. I hate them so much so that, as a Spurs fan I support Arsenal when they play Man U.

Martin, Ian Curtis was a rampant homosexual with manic depression and suicidal instincts, eventually your mate will top himself if he carries on the immitiations...