Voxonic

CHAOTROPIC

on account
Look kosher. Here's a nice Q&A from Embedded Computing, complete with samples of the technology being used.

http://www.embedded-computing.com/articles/voxonic/

VERY interesting technology. For the dubbing of film, expect the next step to be computerised auto-matching of mouth shapes to syllables for seamless translation of one film to another, in the actors' original voices. Scaaaary.

Maybe a real-time youtube version in a couple of years! :cool:

CHAOTROPIC

on account
From that article: "We are in R&D doing songs right now and are working on other applications that are more automated-response solutions, such as a smart phone. I can’t be very specific about it, but basically, it would be an interactive phone that would talk back to you in a desired person’s voice."

Phonecalls from the dead!!!

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Prodigy from Mobb Deep's new CD is meant to have it, I'm not sure I understand how they will replicate inflection in other languages - essentially you're just getting other people to speak yoru words in their language and then it maps their voice onto your voice samples, right?

I can see its application for dubbing absolutely - and I want a job with them lol - but I don't understand how it works with rappers, really. Certainly, I think this guy's work will be left un-voxiniced for a while yet