monitors, have we done this?

petergunn

plywood violin
i am thinking about buying new ones... lately i am making so much music with subs in it and my present monitors just do not present an accurate picture, so i end up guestimating the amount of low-low end in my mixes... thoughts?

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
One thing I'll say is that unless your room is sorted out acoustically it's always going to be hard to get an accurate picture of the low end. You can check the sub action more reliably with a decent pair of headphones. Not saying big fuck-off monitors isn't a good thing though...

secretagentgel

peter, i've got good monitors and a decent studio set up. if yre on a lappy, come over to mine and you can see what the difference is. it's def all about a combination of good monitors and good acoustic treatment.

funny thing is, that said, im shopping for shit monitors to hear how my mixes sound to the rest of the world...

petergunn

plywood violin
peter, i've got good monitors and a decent studio set up. if yre on a lappy, come over to mine and you can see what the difference is. it's def all about a combination of good monitors and good acoustic treatment.

funny thing is, that said, im shopping for shit monitors to hear how my mixes sound to the rest of the world...

word, i am on a laptop and will def take you up on that offer...

aren't you supposed to buy those yamahas everyone has for the perfect flat flat shitty response?

secretagentgel

word, i am on a laptop and will def take you up on that offer...

aren't you supposed to buy those yamahas everyone has for the perfect flat flat shitty response?

there're a couple standards, but all over $400. i can't afford $400 for intentionally shitty speakers. :)