Stories From the Papers

luka

this is a thread about intriguing stories you read in the paper. good headlines are also valid.

i didn;t see any really good ones today but i'm starting the thread so i'll mention the man addicted to drinking petrol whos been given an ASBO and the boys who roasted a cat alive in the family oven at a party.

Melmoth

Bruxist
The best and most offensive headline I've seen recently is on the cover of this week's South London Press, about some lags in Wandsworth prison who've refused to eat food prepared by sex offenders, hence:

PAEDO GRUB SNUB

Randy Watson

Apparently there's cctv footage of the petrol drinker dancing around on service station forecourts. Now that I would LOVE to see. :D

mms

sometimes
i liked the one a few years back about christine hamilton, the wife if the lying scumbag mp, in the daily mail.
'if there were more women like here we wouldn't have lost the empire.'
lovely.

luka

todays best story was easily the hunt member in red jacket getting knocked off his horse by a leaping stag.
take that you cunt! great photo accompanying the story.

luka

STAG'S REVENGE

Flying beast kncoks huntsman from his horse

This is the incredible moment a rider cheated death as a raging stag took its revenge on hunters. The powerfully built beast leapt from nearby woods and sent huntsman John Stone crashing from his horse.
Friends from the Devon and Somerset Staghounds hunt feared John was dead as he fell to the ground, but unfortunately he was only winded.
The beast ran off after the clash on Exmoor, Somerset.

that's from today's Sun.

carlos

manos de piedra
Wife Of Man Killed By Sherry Enema Surrenders

LAKE JACKSON, Texas -- A Lake Jackson woman charged with killing her husband by using a sherry enema has surrendered, Local 2 reported Thursday.

Tammy Jean Warner, 42, turned herself in to police Monday on a charge of criminal negligent homicide connected to her 58-year-old husband's May 2003 death.

Investigators said she gave her husband, Michael Warner, a sherry enema even though she knew his health problems made it extremely dangerous for him to consume alcohol.

Warner's husband subsequently died of alcohol poisoning. A toxicology report showed he had a blood-alcohol level of .47 percent when he died, which is six times the legal standard for intoxication.

polystyle

Woman Accused of giving lethal Sherry enema

hey Carlos

Just saw this one too ,
didn't get to the details ,
it must have been potent

luka

i liked the story about anna kournikova's obsessive fan who swam naked near her florida beachside home, pretending to be in trouble screaming 'anna, save me, save me'

it was a good plan, if a little optimistic.