ruff sqwad- guns n roses mixtape

S

simon silverdollar

what do people think of this then?
it's not the all-time classic i was expecting- i think they've kept a lot of their best tracks for the forthcoming album- but it's still an excellent record. the first 7 tracks in particular are some of the most exciting stuff i've heard in a while.
it also has the greatest intro ever...
"ruff sqwad forever! ruff sqwad for life! hello..hello!" and then it goes into a breathless list of places in london.
so good.

ambrose

ok so....where the fuck can someone normal get this? i cant see it listed on independance, rhythm division or uptown, no one outside ILX or hereseems to know anything about it..........!?!?! :eek:

some great stuff at the beginning and then they bung on 'move' (hey we all bought 'run the road' for fuck's sake) and from then on the freestyles are pretty boring (fills the disc so there you have it); enjoyed the easygoing, non-tribal horns on 'shake ur bum' and that's when it picks up with tracks like 'jennifer' towards the end.

I guess some of these tracks will reappear on the album proper. i'm also hoping there are no solo spots on it.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
What happened to 'Josh' and 'Clive'? Did they ever come out? And wasn't there a track called 'Armour' (not Anna) by Ruff Sqwad too (not the terror danjah thing with MC Armour on it)?

boy better know

I'm Serious
there is a ruff sqwad track called armour. i've got an mp3 of it. it's an instrumental and it's monumental.

i let my dad hear it (along with a few other ruff sqwad tracks) and he says they sound like Emerson, Lake & Palmer. can anyone verify this?

adam

Ach! said:
What happened to 'Josh' and 'Clive'? Did they ever come out? And wasn't there a track called 'Armour' (not Anna) by Ruff Sqwad too (not the terror danjah thing with MC Armour on it)?

Armour is wicked. Disappointing to read some less than enthusiastic responses to this mixtape, been looking forward to hearing it for ages.

originaldrum

from start till done
pffft! ruff squad have "sold out" ;)

na seriously, i've been waiting for tyhis for ages too, i hope it isn't like ^^^

Hadean

10 below
and he says they sound like Emerson, Lake & Palmer. can anyone verify this?

they don't sound much like Emerson, Lake & Palmer. except when MC Tarkus is on the mike

cooper

that ruff squad tune silverdollarcircle posted up is just an old neptunes track - "cross the border" by philly's most wanted. great track, horrid original vocal. definitely a win on this one.

chimpybits

btw: I believe the Armour instrumental is the same as Lethal Injection and I presume the former was a sort of preliminary name. This happens quite a bit with these mp3's.

Ruff Squad have many good to great tracks that could be worked to build a great lp: Everytin' Down, Strapped, Ragga Muffins, Raw 2 Da Core, Tingz in Boots, Misty Cold and RMX, These Days, R U Double F, Anna/Hey, Ur Love Feels and then there's the XTC (affiliate?) tracks. It sounds like none of these are on the mixtapes. I guess many of these have been "rinsed" and are old for the grime heads. Still I'd be tempted to include some of this material upon a proper, wider release. Wiley for example chose to largely create new music for his lp even though he had a veritable library of great instrumentals to draw from.

theo

pollymarchs 4 eva
"It ain't grime it is music"

I have to say I disagree with others who only rate 6-7 tracks. These guys make SERIOUS tracks this tape is heavy. Also regardless of Move being on run the road, I could listen to that tune for ever.

Ruff Sqwad are in a league of their own and while people give them a hard time for their mcing efforts, as a package there is few other I would rather listen to. This mixtape has grown and grown on me and the shear quantity of quality on this tape is mind bogglin.

I just hope they don't do a roll deep by putting out a sick mix tape and then a gay rnb-ish album for the masses.

bruno

est malade
I wish...

Ruff Sqwad - 2003-2004 [Personal Bliss Inducers]

01 Raw 2 Tha Core!
02 Muskateers
03 Everythin Down
04 R U Double F
05 Blaze
06 Love U Feel
07 Swish
08 Lethal Injection
09 nice instrumental from deja set
10 Anna (instrumental)
11 another nice instrumental (mellow ting??)
12 Misty Cold
13 Havana
14 last track on deja 24 may 2004 set

This would be heavy.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
I was one of the people who only rated the 6-7 tracks and to be honest, its grown on me much more since then….mainly down to some brilliant production work

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
A month after I ordered this it finally turned up today. Been listening to it most of the day. Very into it, better than I was expecting from having read this thread when it was originally posted. I think I might do a track-by-track review on my blog.

Standout track for me is Future; Rapid is a certifiable genius.