Dissensus Mp3 Swap

zhao

there are no accidents
aka: Can We Have a Rapid/Mediafire Thread.

rules for full album shares:

1. only out of print, very difficult to find, regionally specific, or other wise completely or very nearly commercially unavailable recordings.

2. for everything else, that's what PM's are for. ;)

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
ARM677~National-Park-of-Serengeti-Tanzania-Posters.jpg

From Tanzania with Love Love Love Love

at the end of one NGOMA night 5AM Latif droped the 2nd track from this album. people turned around from heading to the door, put down their jackets, and danced happy as can be and did not want to go after the song was over.

no information though... dude said something about it being from the 60s, but the grooves sound very contemporary... or maybe it's simply time-less. and when i brought it into Ableton the beats are completely even tempo (the lost East African origin of drum machine dance music? - would make sense because the drum itself was born around there a few minutes before). and as far as programmed beats are concerned, it is perfection itself -- an absolute supreme elegance and economy which sustains the 15+ min duration of the songs. with those keyboards and the voice! that voice... i literally am physically not able to stop the songs after they start playing.

anyone know please do drop the lime.

just asked Latif again and he says that the CDR his friend from Mozambique gave him had only the word "melody" written on it, and he has no idea if that is the name of the artist/album or simply what the guy casually wrote. furthermore, when i asked if it's from the 60s why the beats are made by a machine, he said then they must be remixes of 60s music, because the source specifically told him that it is 1960s music. which or if any part of this is to be believed is anyone's guess. i have contacted several African music experts and so far no one has come forth with any information...

anyway, enjoy this very special one... rapidshare or mediafire

Last edited: