Favourite Premiership Players

luka

favourite not best

1)Heinze-i love him. he's like the new school stuart pearce. ferocious, uncompromising, flings his arms about a lot, sliding tackles that make even the spectators wince but not bad going foward either, can cross and everything.
2)wright-phillips-quick as fuck, great dribbler, never scored a boring goal. for a midget he can really smack a ball. drop beckham bring in wright-phillips.
3)terry-a big monster. bullys everyone. replace campbell with terry.
4)defoe-even though he put in his transfer request much too early at west ham i still love the boy. the brother of esco from slew dem, or so they say.
5)bergkamp-cos he is the dan

players i don't like include henry for those gallic shrugs and innocent looks he affects each time he's just fouled someone in a nasty malicious way. lauren for always trying to get people in trouble 'ref, he hit me!'
savage for being a knob, reyes for looking like a smug faced punk

carlos

manos de piedra
favorites: keane, scholes, lampard, terry- tough guys who play hard and well

least favorite: pires, van nistleroy, diouf, henry - all for the same reason you don't like henry. i'm not saying they're not good- just that i don't like them.

funny thing is nobody in argentina really knew who heinze was until man u expressed interest- he's good

rewch

dear oh dear large preponderance of united filth there, though have to agree about the arsenal representatives...or is this a non-tribalist assessment?... wright-phillips for president though!!! only thing keeping city alive

luka

strictly non-tribalist, i don't support any premier league team. its weighted towards players i get to see a lot, which inevitably means more united, arsenal, chelsea players cos thats who sky like putting on tv.

jenks

thread death
when i look at jermian defoe i can't help but think of usher - something about the smooth swagger of the fella

HoldTight

Killhammed Aiiiii!
ok ok bergkamp is a master. a privilege to see him play, etc. but away from the big three, some players haven't got recognition:

el-hadji-diouf - cos he's fuck you. he's also dumb as a post - never learns anything (i.e. multiple spitting incidents). he's one of those players who throw themselves all over the place, for senegal in the world cup and bolton recently he's the centre of attention - i like his attitude toward the game (if not its fans, managers, other players, other people probably). he's a bad-boy, a nutcase, and on more than a few occassions has turned games for the trotters. a volatile brew of skill, phlegm, elbows and arrogance. like cantona but obviously not as good.

matt hollland - how the fuck did charlton end up as dark horses for the champions league? every time i see this dude he is the main man for them. if you support some mid-table (shall we say.... someone who plays in light blue, always underachieving....) side you gotta cripple matt holland. a great midfielder in the classic british mould of bryan robson (cept he's irish).

andy johnson - play him up front watch him score.

steven gerrard - .... obviously.

jermain jenas - saw this boy in the championship at 18 and he was different class. someone please get him out of newcastle!

i would also have mentioned gravesen but he's the new zidane or something now :confused:

there should be a sports section in dissensus. i can't believe this is confined to the miscellaneous section.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
yes I rate jenas too, he'll be big

also on the players that make teams tick, george boateng for boro is one of the best around...the dutch should've dumped davids for him ages ago

brap!!- football on dissensus....

that leaves just baking cakes as my only interest not covered here

HoldTight

Killhammed Aiiiii!
luka said:
reyes for looking like a smug faced punk

definitely - he looks like a switchblade-wielding teddyboy. the fonz's emotionally troubled evil half-brother, always scheming... :)