Is Amanda Platell the most vacuous woman alive?

k-punk

Spectres of Mark
The only case for a limitation on immigration into the UK is Amanda Platell. What skills has she got that indigenous Britons lack? Surely there are enough self-serving, self-promoting, stupid, PR industry failures in the UK so why the need to import them from Australia?

Platell's column in the Times on Saturdays - in which, for instance, she moaned about 'lower class' 'servant' types getting access to her exclusive gym - was a study in affected snobbery. (No, you silly no-mark, you're not in London's version of SATC).

So here she is this morning on Breakfast with Frost, trivializing the appalling Guantanamo Bay story ('we don't have to believe this, it's all on his say-so, and LOOK, LOOK, he wanted to be a 'rap singer', tee hee') whilst affecting po-faded horror at the ludicrous accusations of anti-semitism aimed at New Labour. (btw doesn't this non-story show you how low things have sunk here: it's OK for the main political parties here to pursue a race to the bottom in promising harsher and harsher immigration policies, but posters which might, at a ridiculous stretch, be conceived of as anti-semitic are objects of abhorrence. Representation and politesse - they're serious. Things which affect people's lives: well, who cares?)

rewch

couldn't let this one go... in a word yes... or at least the top three... have often heard/read her & thought how horrible she is... & australian... forgive me for anti-antipodean sentiment but she really is horrendous... & smug... & in PR... they were probably glad to be rid of her... + it is very interesting how many immigrants or descendants of immigrants are anti-immigration (which is not to say that we were not all at some point immigrants)... michael howard a case in point... oh dear... managed to work quite hard in the last week & now dissensus has got me again

bat020

Her New Statesman "media" column is really dreadful (worse even than the rest of the pisspoor magazine), dull, snobbish and crassly misogynistic.

k-punk

Spectres of Mark
Thank goodness, I thought I was on my own for a while there... :D

Platell's part of this weird media culture in Britain atm which seems to run on sheer stamina alone... same thought occurred to me while watching c4's 'Greatest Videos ever' --- here were ppl who had absolutely nothing of any interest to say whatsoever, yet who seemed to have a solid media career out of pure will ----

As for the New Statesman, well, the less said the better, really...

jenks

thread death
i find platell's brand of dismissive toryism most repellent and she has now entered the 'esther rantzen' pantheon of people - i.e. i have to turn the tv off if i even catch them out of the corner of my eye.
p.s. glad to see you've changed over to bree - surely the true star of DH

mind_philip

saw the light
Aah Bree... on a totally non Amanda Platell related note, has anyone else found that the only people they know that watch Desperate Housewives are men?

The answer to the question originally posed is clearly yes. She is a vain, transparently self-serving harpie who deserves to be harpooned.

luka

craner sent me a text this evening reading, and i quote
fingering my bumhole, feels like fireworks. a revelation.

luka

craner sent me a text this evening reading, and i quote
fingering my bumhole, feels like fireworks. a revelation.

luka

sufin actually banned me yesterday otherwise i wiuld have kept posting it.
i was really angry and i was going to boycott the forum but then i thought
it would be more fun to just post the same thing again and again

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I think sufi should do more than ban you. I think he should phone in the Deep Forum and they'll put this bumhole fixation of yours to rest, in their own way.